3.23.2012

Tang Shifu @ KSL Mall

Another over-due updates on my food blog. I think this is at least one month old. But I am quite happy to have dine over at this place. So let me share this with my readers here. The place I am referring to is Tang Shifu. This particular branch I went to is located at KSL Mall, JB. Yup, this is on one of my company sponsored makan trip again. It's closed to 9pm if I am not mistaken when we decided to walk in this place. I  saw this place before in the Klang Valley but felt like their food are over-priced and all. So I didn't have the chance to give it a try. I guess now is the best time to try it out then. 

We are served with some appetizer once we are seated. Menu was handed to us to browsed through. Actually the food isn't that much expensive once you think about it. I saw their one of their premium item called Mixed Seafood (which consists of abalone, dried scallop, mushrooms, mussels and many more) is selling at less than rm40. That is affordable. But we didn't go for that as we thought that it's a bit too much for a dinner. 

My friend decided to ordered their Ginseng soup with Chicken. The brown rice is actually a side order of the main dish. The portion is just nice for one person. If you are a small eater, you can even share this with your friend. The soup was nourishing and you can taste the strong ginseng in it.

Decided to order a vegetable and saw this broccoli dish which  looks really nice in the menu. Well, as we all know, what we see doesn't really end up in front of us. This is exactly the case for our broccoli with sliced abalone & scallop. Sounds nice but the picture in the menu does look more nicer than the actual dish. I guess the vege and scallop shrink after they steamed it. Nevertheless this is one healthy vegetable dish. 

Here comes my dinner. Dried scallops with PETITE abalone mixed rich. This dish is totally over-rated from the menu. Everything looks more better than bigger in the menu. hahaha!!!  The mushroom looks bigger too but in reality all had been sliced to bits. It's actually your normal mixed rice but enriched with abalone and scallops. 

  I think they are not kidding when they say PETITE Abalone in their menu. 

Yes, there's more to our dinner. We decided to order this sliced pork. Again the pork sliced looked so mouth watering in the menu. I can accept what we got at the end for this. "Di Huang" should be referring to the sweet sauce which comes with this dish I think. There are four slices of pork per dish. 

So basically you wrapped everything in one slice of cabbage and add in the sauce and give it a big bite. Really juicy but you won't really feel that much of fat from the pork since you are eating it together with the cabbage. Not bad. 

Overall, the visit was pleasant but the food in the menu doesn't really tell the whole story. Maybe their mixed seafood also the same. Will need to verify that on my next visit here. Their soups are really nourishing for male and female. So do give it a try and let me know what you think.

Rating
Food: 3.8 out of 5.0
Service: 3.8 out of 5.0
Ambiance: 3.5 out of 5.0 (a fly kept bugging us during our dinner, a bit annoyed)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...