11.12.2009

Teo Chew Moi @ Bandar Puteri


Visited this place called Teo Chew Moi which is located at Bandar Puteri last weekend with my brother's family. It was recommended by him actually. I think he is very fond of this restaurant because of the food and also the price. As the name goes, the restaurant serve authentic Teo Chow dishes. Moi in Teo Chow means porridge. So the porridge and also rice in the restaurant are free and refillable (self service).

 
As you can see, there are many dishes on the tray which ranges from fried bean curd with eggs, stewed bean curd, steamed minced pork and lots more. My first impression was that the place looks like it's serving economical rice. But in a very clean and proper environment. Don't get me wrong, this is not my first visit to a Teo Chow restaurant. I had tried once before at SS14 called Teo Chow Meng which I think is quite well known too.


And here are the vegetables and also the stewed duck.


These two big bowl or pot are filled with salted vegetable which is very common in Teo Chew cuisine. After getting all the food that we wanted, we ordered our drinks and waited for the dishes to be served to our table.



This is one of my favorite dish of the day. It's pork being cooked or stewed with some mushroom. The pork is a bit scattered around but the gravy is nice and the pork is soft. I think this is too a a very common dish for them.

 
Cooked potatoes. Nothing special here but the potatoes are not too soft and mushy (thank God!). I like this dish although it's simple. 


This is the steamed minced pork which I mentioned before. This is another common famous dish from Teo Chew. It's packed with all sort of pork meat and some other ingredient which I don't even know what. But the important thing is that it's really nice.


Stewed bean curd. Simple and nice. Again not too soft and mushy when you poke your fork into them.


We ordered two plates of green and this being one of them. Very crunchy and fresh. Maybe a bit oily.

 
This is the only dish which I didn't tried as I don't really like salted vegetables. Or is that what they called it? But from what my family and babe said, it's nice.


What is a meal without some eggs. So I had choose fried eggs with some bean curd in them. I think this is available in Hokkien cuisine too.


Last but not least, Thai styled Chicken. I don't think this is common anywhere but Thai but hell, I like eating fried chicken or anything fried for the matter of fact. It's not that crunchy anymore but I don't blame them. Still a bit of crispy-ness in it and I wallop the whole plate up at the end. Nice~!


As I mentioned earlier, you can opt to take the dish with white rice or porridge which is located at the side of the restaurant for you to take. It's refillable so don't get greedy and take a whole lot and wasting it at the end. The total damage for the lunch comes to RM46 for 4 adults and a kid with inclusive of drinks. I was startled when the waiter told me that, as it's like eating economy rice and paying RM10+/head for it. But then again, it's not your normal economical rice and the food is good and healthy. Environment is clean and air condition too. So it's alright if we pay a bit more for that. The place is located behind the new Public Bank at Bandar Puteri and facing the Badminton hall. There is another shop on the same row name Tian Tian Lai which I wanted to try out on my next visit. Will let you all know how it goes.

Address:
Teo Chew Moi
No.18, Jalan Puteri 2/4,
Bandar Puteri,
47100 Puchong
Contact: 03 - 8063 5541

2 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Certainly not cheap but then it takes a lot of time to prepare that much dishes for porridge if you do it at home, at least for me. Ah....feel like havin teochew porridge for lunch now but lazy lerr.

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Ya, I understand what you mean. I was there again last weekend and this time around we ordered 6 dishes with 4 being meat and the cost was RM44. Just RM2 apart and I have 8 dishes that time. lolx!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...