11.14.2009

Kokopelli Travellers Bistro @ Section 14


This is a place which I had been wanted to visit for so long. It's called Kokopelli Travelers Bistro. They are formerly housed nearby University Hospital but is relocated to Section 14 I think early this year. I heard a lot about this place from floggers around town. And babe had even been to this place previously and had some good feedback from it. So I was determined to try this place out one and for all.

 
As you can see, the restaurant is actually a converted old mansion along Seksyen 14. They preserved everything in the house without much renovation but everything is in good condition. White is their theme and everything looked so homely if you are sitting inside. There is also a private room if you are having a party or private function. But be advice that people will come in as the toilet attached to the room is the only one in the house. Everyone was looking at me when they saw me coming in the room that night. Funny~!!

 
Decoration is nice and simple. They use mahjong paper placed on top of the table which I think save their time of wiping the table and changing the clothe. But a but wasting maybe.

 
Pasta Carbonara - RM20.90
There are a few varieties of pasta to choose from ranging from Seafood Marinara, Seafood Kinguine Aglio Olio and Primavera but as always I had choose my favorite, Carbonara. The pasta come with beef bacon & turkey ham. Sorry guys, this place is HALAL so no pork for you. To be honest I was skeptical when I first saw the pasta as it was too watery but heck it's so cream at the end of the meal. One word, delicious. Please don't order this if you can't take the thick creamy sauce.

 
Signature Fried Koey Teow - RM10.90
This is a MUST TRY dish from the restaurant. I heard a lot of positive feedback for their plate of Char Koey Teow. I like CKT but never tried any good one without pork lard or oil in them. But this CKT really change my mind. The CKT comes with prawns, cockles, bean sprout and chives. It's really large hence the price. It's not too wet and the taste is so darn nice. But maybe slightly heavy on the MSG maybe.

 
Pizza Mazor - RM10.90
I heard that their pizza was quite nice from my friend who just visited the place. So I decided to order one to share around. The boss was so nice to introduce some of their favorite dishes in the place and this pizza is one of them. It's not thin crust but there is a lot of cheese on the pizza. Nothing much special bout the pizza here or maybe we're just too full to taste it.



 At the end of our dinner, the place was pack. So if you're deciding to dine in for more than 4 people, it's best to call beforehand for reservation. Overall the food is good and the service is great. The place is small and decent with good food. Definitely a nice place to have dinner with some good companion. The price for their other dishes like steaks and western food seemed a bit pricey even for the pasta but then again, the quality of the food is good and we have to look overall for the ambiance and also presentation I guess. Definitely be going back for more one of these days. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi All,

Kokopelli Travellers Bistro had moved to a new bigger place at No 1, Section 14/48, Section 14, 46100 Petaling Jaya. Our new phone number is 03-78767505.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...