10.23.2009

Euro Deli @ Damansara Kim


I had always wanted to give this restaurant a visit since it's so near to my work place and also home (previously) at SS2. I passed by the restaurant again early this month and determine to go this on this week. Babe called me up for lunch and I brought her over to the place and it's called Euro Deli. For those who frequent Jusco, Cold Storage, Careffour or any other market should have at least heard of the name before. They are selling fresh made sausages, ham, bacon and any other pork like meat in their outlet. But the one which is located at Damansara has a restaurant in it or rather the other way around. The other outlet which I know is located at USJ Taipan and also Jalan Yap Kwan Seng in KL.


Upon ordering we are served with their fresh baked buns with Bridel's butter. Never judge the book by it's cover. The bun might look a bit plain all but it's really soft and some what sweet inside. And it's still warm too. I was thinking if I could ordered a second basket for the bun or not.


Pilz Suppe (Mushroom Soup) - RM 9.90
I am such a fool for soup. If I saw a place serving soup, I will definitely asked for one. Well this only applies if I am having pasta or western food of course. Anyway, the soup was warm and creamy, just the way I like it. There are some croutons on top but a bit hard. Anyway, the main is the soup of course and it's good.


Spaghetti Carbonara - RM 22 (Main) or RM 15 (Starter)
OK, I know I should have ordered pork sausages or at least pork steaks but when I saw they have Carbonara in their menu and it's one of their recommended item, I couldn't say NO to that. They have two sizes, main and starter, latter being the smaller portion. I had ordered the main the portion was really generous too. It's served with a lot of bacon and ham with bits of mushroom. It's really creamy but not too dry to the extent where you need to pour some water into it. Plenty of ham and bacon which was really worth my money.


Emmenthaler Sausage - RM 19
I never could figured out with all these German names and all so I had Google Emmentaler up and found out that it's actually Swiss Cheese. The sausage is packed with this Swiss Cheese inside and it's so plentiful of them inside. It's not frozen but juts nice and the outer layer of the sausage is still crispy when you bite into them. The sausages are served together with potato salad  (YUMMY!!) and Sauerkraut. To put it simple sauerkraut(sour cabbage in German) is actually fermented cabbage and trust me it tasted good with a bit of salted ham inside. Delicious.


Other than dining in, you can also browse through their cold storage section for some ham, bacon or sausages. During my lunch I saw a lot of women came over to buy their pork over here. Environment was good with a lot of seats. A bit steep for lunch but we need to pamper ourselves once in a while of course. Babe ordered a brewed coffee and the total bill amounted to RM65. We had a really fulfilling lunch and another one for me today. There are still a few dishes in the menu which I wanted to try out. Maybe on my next trip. (Rating: 4.2 out of 5.0)

Address: Euro Deli Shop
41, Jalan SS20/11,
Damansara Kim,
47400 Petaling Jaya,
Contact: 03 7726 7495
Website: http://eurodeli.com.my

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...