8.19.2009

Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun @ Damansara

Was introduced of this place by one of my gym-mate. It's called Teluk Intan Special Chee Cheong Fun which is located at the food court at Damansara Utama. The stall is located opposite Steven's Corner if you are familiar with the place. Wasn't putting much of expectation in the beginning as I thought it would only be those normal chee cheong fun stall. But heck I was wrong. Never judge a place by it's appearance.

The stall is handle by a man and his wife. The man will be frying the yong tau foo you had choose and chopping them up later on. And yes, he'll be cashing in the money too when you take your food.

Here you can see a variety of yong tau foo both fried and boiled. They are fried fresh after you had make your order. There is a big wok at the back which they fried all the food. No worries, it won't take very long. Maybe less than a minute or so.

This is two of the main sauce. One is the chili sauce (which turn out to be quite hot) and the other is the main sauce for the chee cheong fun. It's not too sweet but just right and not too thick too. They have two type of chee cheong fun to choose from. One is the plain which we normally had and the other is filled.

I had took at least 6 pieces of Yong Tau Foo which consists of fried wan ton, fried dumpling, foo chuk, fried sausages and some other which I don't even know how to name. And two rolls of chee cheong fun with fillings. (RM6)

So what do they fill in the chee cheong fun. Well as you can see it's fried onions. Nothing fancy but it's really nice as it's fresh and still crunchy. Delicious. Imagine the crispy crunchy onion wrapped with chee cheong fun dipped with sweet delicious sauce accompanied with fresh fried foo chuk and fried dumpling. Truly delicious.

This is a bowl of their soup with fresh crispy fried onions sprinkle on top. I don't think they give this soup away but since my friend and the owner are relatives, it's F.O.C. Damn this bowl of soup was so delicious that we had a second bowl.

My friend recommended this glass of apple juice with assam boi. Was skeptical at first but when I had a sip, it wasn't that bad but rather quite nice too.

As you can see people are pouring in non stop during our whole session there. For your information the place do not serve pork or lard so it's a HALAL stall. I saw a lot of Malays ordered the chee cheong fun and yong tau foo also. How I know? Cause I was looking for some pork balls but can't find it. So I asked the boss and he told me that it's HALAL. LOL!!! Prices is affordable and the food is delicious. Although the place is a bit hot tonight but still I will be going back again soon for another try. Definitely worth a try if you're around the area. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...