5.02.2010

Grand Imperial Kitchen @ Empire Gallery

My last visit to Grand Imperial would be luncheon with my colleagues at BSC. This time around when I got an invitation for lunch again at their new outlet at Empire, I quickly said YES. When I arrived, the place was packed but luckily we managed to get a seat and straight away looked through their menu. From the menu, we could see that the restaurant focuses more on their individual super value set rather than their dim sum. Don't get me wrong, they still have dim sum but not as much as the one over at their other larger outlet.

The main objective of our trip over was to try out their so-called super value set. They have 10 value sets in their menu. Most of the sets price ranges from RM11.80++. They have the common, Roasted Pork rice, Curry Chicken, Yang Chow fried rice, Braised Ginger Duck, Lamb Belly, Chicken Curry Noodles, BBQ Sliced Pork Noodles, La Mian Soup with Preserved Vegetable & Shredded Pork and La Mian with Minced Meat with Mushroom.

The first that we ordered would be their famous Roasted Pork rice. The rice also come with fried egg. I think all of their set also come with fried egg. The roast pork although not as good as the one we had at BSC but still it's above average. Portion was alright I guess. My friend even ordered an extra bowl of plain rice and remember to get some extra sauce from them too. If you're really hungry don't order this. 

I had decided to order their Yang Chow fried rice. I regretted ordering it when I saw the size of it. I was really hungry that afternoon and the portion was really small. Well, other than the portion which I didn't really satisfied with, the taste was really good and the prawns are fresh and plenty too. Remember to get plenty of chili oil from them to go with the fried rice. Again, don't order this if you are hungry. 

I should had ordered this as the portion was really generous. This is their Curry Chicken Noodle. The noodle was at least 1.5 portion. The noodle is a bit different from the one that we had outside. It's really thin and not too soft. Just the way I like it. The curry chicken was strong of curry powder but still it's alright. I don't expect any authentic curry from a Chinese Restaurant anyway. Chicken was really generous too. 

The Curry Chicken Noodle set also come with soup dumpling. And all cost the same as my fried rice and also roasted pork rice. You can order this if you're really hungry. Well, at least I think it's filling and worth my money.

Steamed Siew Mai with Prawns - RM4.80
We won't miss the chance to try out their famous dim sum and we decided to start with the basic. Their steamed Siew Mai with prawns isn't a fight to the one over at BSC but still really good comparing with others. Prawns are fresh and importantly it's not all wet like it's over cook.

Steamed Glutinous Rice - RM4.80
Next would be their Lou Mai Kai or steamed glutinous rice. Surprisingly it's really good. There's the usual mushroom, fried pork and chicken. The rice isn't that sticky though but still it's alright with me overall.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with the quality of the food as in their taste. Service I wasn't that satisfied. Well maybe they are still new since the restaurant had just open. The place was really pack throughout lunch hour. The restaurant isn't that large so it's called 'Kitchen' in their name. The wanna do some sort like a quick lunch outlet for their customers. I like that, cause you won't think that the place only serve expensive food and we can also have a taste of their good food with a reasonable price. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...