7.26.2009

Boston Chill Out @ PJ

I was really looking forward to this new found restaurant which I passed by a few time. It's located at the new 32 Square building opposite Toyota show room at Jalan 19 Petaling Jaya. There are a few new restaurants which opened at the new building and this particular one catch my attention with the bright green sign board and all. So I took my babe and drove over to check out their menu sort of testing the water before jumping all in.

The served a variety of food ranging from Western to Eastern to local delights. They have appetizer like the one from TGI Friday and main steak sets too similar to Bubba Gump. They even have burgers, pasta, local delights like and noodles. I was satisfied with they had to offer and walked in.

The ambiance was really nice and comfy. Not too noisy with some R&B and Pop songs playing at the background. Lighting was dim with candle light on the table. Saw a few table with some family members sitting around and I thought this had got to be a good place to be.

They even have a bar table as they served liquor and also wine.

Tie The Knot (RM8.95/bowl)
For starter as always I had ordered their mushroom soup. This I had waited for 20 minutes before it is served. Well at least the potion was very generous and it's thick with mushroom taste. Well maybe too thick too.

The mushroom soup is served together with this basket of garlic bread. Tasty but it's cold.

A Tale of Two Cities (RM17.95/plate)
This is the main course which I had ordered. Portion was alright for the money I am paying I guess. First impression, lots of cheese on top. It's actually spaghetti cabonara served with tiger prawns. Well there are plenty of prawns but the sauce was totally disappointing. And I was saying that the Sausage Carbonara I had at Italiannies was bad, well this win no doubt about it. It was basically tasteless to the extent that it's like flour mixed with cheese. Trust me, it's really that bad. Totally a waste of good fresh tiger prawns.

So where is the rest of the food you asked? Well it didn't come. I had waited for more than 40 minutes for my appetizer to arrived and my babe's main dish too. I had ordered their Hancock's Supernatural which is Cheese Nachos. How can could that take? My babe had ordered one of their local delights, Hundred Secret Senses which is Yong Chow fried rice with Tandoori Chicken. I had asked for the waitress to checked on our order even during the soup was served. She kept on asking me to wait and it was on the way. But when I had finished my main, I had loose my patients and asked for the bill. I would have to say that the service was moderate and the kitchen was extremely slow. Maybe it's a new outlet but this is not the kind of service which we had to face. If they can't handle the work load, HIRE more people! Really messed my dinner up. Don't even wanna rate the place as it's not even worth my time to rate. Maybe I will return again after half a year if it's still there.
Address:
Boston Chill Out

32 Square,
No.2 , Jalan 19/1,
46300 Petaling Jaya
Contact: 03-7960 7096

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...