12.06.2009

Tangkak Beef Noodle @ Jalan Imbi


Sorry for missing for a week (almost) without any updates on my blog but I was really caught up with a lot of stuff both work and outing with friends. So without further a due here's one of the place which I had visited just this weekend with my friends. Me and my friends was looking for a place for lunch around the Pink Triangle and finally we settled down with the famous Tangkak Beef noodle. To be honest I am really into beef noodle but when I realized that they only served soup noodle, I was really disappointed. But anyhow, here's what we all had.


Beef Ball Noodle Noodle - RM7.90 (Regular)
Here's one of the basic type of  beef noodle which one of my friend ordered. He's not really into beef but he like beef balls, so he ordered this bowl of beef ball noodle. As you can see, the portion of beef balls are quite generous (8 pcs) but then again for the price we paid, it's only normal. The soup tasted really like Bak Kut Teh soup to us but it's really refreshing and had a strong scent of beef in them.


Beef Noodle - RM7.90 (Regular)
This is the bowl of beef noodle which I ordered. I am not into tendon and intestines so I go for the plain sliced beef. Again, the portion of beef was really generous. The soup as mentioned earlier was strong but not those which you know was added with a lot of MSG or sort. It's really been cooked for at least 8 hours or so. But again, I am not really into soup type beef noodle. My preference will always be Soong Kee beef noodle at Jalan Tun HS. Lee. The beef is plenty and the noodle was springy and with texture of course.


Stomach + Tendon Beef Noodle - RM11.90 (Large)
Last but not least the mother of all beef noodle, beef noodle with everything. Well almost everything minus the intestines. My friend really like his bowl of noodle. I tried a small piece of tendon and it's really soft. Not bad but again not my bowl of noodle. The bowl of noodle was really large and my friend was all full after finishing.


So what do I think after finishing the bowl of beef noodle?  Sorry to say that I won't return if I have the opportunity but will recommend to my friend though. Don't get me wrong, I was good but as I mentioned a couple of time above that I am not into soup type beef noodle. Price is average and not too pricey and the portion was generous and most important the beef was fresh and don't stick to your teeth after chewing on it. So feel free to come over and have a try and decide for yourself. I think they have more branches else where but not sure where it is. As for the location, it's at the main road along Jalan Imbi same row as Sakura and opposite Foong Lye Taiwan. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...