7.17.2009

Bruno's Restaurant @ Jaya 33 (2nd Visit)

I was really looking forward to having dinner tonight as the venue was Bruno's Restaurant & Bar at Jaya 33. The last time I was there was more than 1 year ago. Their food and service was superb at the time I was there. So it was really an excitement for me this time around too.

We had decided to share the Entree and there is this whole mushroom deep fried in Bruno's special butter. When the 6 pieces or should I say slices of mushroom arrived, we're stunned as we thought that it would be more than this. But it was just normal mushroom deep fried with some flour to us. A bit disappointed on this dish for the price we're paying. (RM14/plate)

This the the second Entree which we ordered, whole mushroom sauteed in garlic and herbed butter. This too was a bit disappointing as the portion was so small. Taste was more stronger than the first but still for the price we're paying, it's not worth it. (RM14/plate)

This is one of their Salads in their menu which is their Caesar Salad. Portion was moderate but the salad was fresh and there were plenty of fried bacon and cheese on top. (RM18/plate)

There were two type of Soup in their menu and this is one of them, full mushroom soup. I was thinking something like minced mushroom soup with thick sauce. But I was totally surprised again on what I got. It wasn't thick, not much mushroom taste in their soup unless you called those small slices of mushroom tasty. Very disappointing. And the portion was really small and they served it in a pretty big plate which make it look smaller. (RM16/bowl)

This is the other Soup in their menu, tomato & bacon soup. It was too not thick enough and it tasted a bit plain for us to excite our taste bud before the main. (RM16/bowl)

We were told earlier that they had took off the Iberico Roast Pork Loin and replaced it with this. It's their barbecued pork ribs. We were quite sceptic bout their food till this point but when this baby arrived, we were all totally amazed. One was because of the large portion and also the added fettucine carbonara at the side. My gosh, the pork ribs was so tender and nicely barbecued. This is one of the highlight of the night. Totally worth the money and time waiting for it. There were about 4 big slabs of ribs behind the pasta. Sweet~~~ (RM48/plate)

This is the other pork main in their menu which is their roast pork cutlets with white wine & thyme sauce. After still being amazed by the first pork dish, we're all stunned again when we saw this dish. As it was totally different in term of portion and taste. This was a bit plain and the portion was so stingy although the price is the same. (RM48/plate)

I was totally blown away by the Carbonara on my first visit last time and decided to ordered it again tonight but I was totally disappointed. I am still stunned when they told me it's their Fettucine Carbonara. Where's the egg yolk? Run out of stock? Maybe the taste would be alright? But it was totally different. Now I know why my friend told me it was not as good as I described it during my visit. But portion was quite generous. (RM26/plate)

This is one of their Lamb main which is their tomato & garlic lamb stew. It was tender and tasty. Luckily their lamb is still up to standard as I had recommended this to my friend. The sauce was fresh and tomato taste was just right. (RM39/plate)

This is yet another pasta which they offer in their menu, spaghetti in olio olio. It was so plain from the outlook. But I learn from experience that we don't judge the pasta by it's look so we take a bite and it was close to say tasteless. We practically have to throw in the lamb shank, pork ribs and other food just so that my friend could finish it (which he didn't at the end). (RM24/plate)

We were thinking, how wrong can you go with fish & chip? This is their breaded fish and spicy potato wedges. When the dish was place to my friend's table, we were all speechless. It was so plain even from the outlook. It was just one dry breaded fish with few wedges. I think I can say that Secret Recipe's fish & chip could taste better than this. They didn't even gave us lemon to go with the fish. At the end of the dinner, there were still half or more of the fish left and wedges too. (RM30/plate)

This is one of their Poultry dish, grilled chicken cutlet served with mushroom cream sauce. This was not as bad as it looks. The chicken was grilled almost to perfection but the outer meat was rather too salty. Maybe too much spice on it but other than that, it was alright. (RM30/plate)

Last but not least, cajun cod steaks. Portion was generous with two pieces of thick cod fish. Fish was fresh and fully cooked and not over doing it. I especially like their mash potatoes at the side and also the sauce that they served together with the cod fish. Nice~! (RM39/plate)

So how was my experience? I think you can guess from all my comments above. Totally disappointed as I was expecting better quality of food and also the service was a not as professional compared to the one I had last time. Don't get me wrong, it's not their bad attitude just that the attention and also their initiative to know their menu and all. Except the barbecued pork ribs, the rest was just acceptable and some were totally disappointment. Nevertheless, we all had a blast talking and laughing outside the restaurant. Will I return? Yes, for their pork ribs and pork ribs alone. (Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0)

2 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

looks like some hits n misses compared to my visit which was good..

mushrooms for rm14, were they portobellos? bcos supermarket sells already for RM9 for around that portion..minus cooking..

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Yes, I guess you can say that, hit and misses. They had just changed their menu 3 days before our visit. So we didn't know much to expect.

Nope, it's not portobellos but those normal mushroom we had at home. Those black top type. But the mushroom were juicy inside though. If that counts for something. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...