8.27.2011

Hungry Hog @ Subang Jaya

I was told that there's this new porky restaurant over at Subang. Needless to say, it was recommended by several friends and the rest is history. You can read more bout the place in their own blog HERE. Seemed like they had just moved over to Subang early this year. And they have been making a buzz during these few months over here. So I can assure that the food is good from all these hype.

The place is nicely decorated with porky every where. Something similar to El Cerdo which I visited several years ago. The place has simple and comfortable environment which is suitable for a quick bite during lunch or some place for you and some friends to hang out during dinner time. 

Went through the menu and my lunch buddy who had tried the place before had recommended me their 'signature' burger, Three Little Pigs. Why the 3 pigs? I had a wild guess after I saw the meal was served in front of me. The burger consists of the porky patty, bacon and ham. Hence the 3 little pigs nick~ The meal come with french fries and also salad on the side. 

Let goes to the patty which is the heart of all burger. The porky patty is topped with melted cheese on top. That's a plus point for me. Below those juicy patty are layers of ham, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. Not too sloppy but just enough to get your hands dirty if you are not too familiar on 'handling' the burger. Yes, trust me, you need some skill to handle a burger without getting all those stuff dropping off while you are chewing on it.

The patty is juicy and just sufficient and not too much as there are bacon and ham that goes with it. But I was taken aback with the amount of oil dripping on the other end of the patty. Yup, those are oil dripping down. Maybe it would be more healthier if they could reduce the oil before serving the burger. But overall, it was a very good patty. I am really satisfied. 
My friend had decided to ordered another type of burger called Plain Jane. And of course as the name goes, it's a plain pork burger without the ham and bacon. So it's exactly the same as the above minus the other two piglets. So if you are not that hungry and on a diet, you could still order this and not feeling too guilty about it.

Don't be alarm as the place has several different furniture set as some of them are donated by their customers. This is a very good way as it felt more retro and modern all mix together. I like the idea of customers sharing their furniture and deco. It adds a certain amount of closeness or homely feel to the place.

Now on a site note, to cut the story short, I left my notebook after my lunch and didn't realized it until I reached home around 6pm. Yes, that is more than 3 hours after my lunch. I quickly search online and found their contact. Called them up and the guy in charge, Mr. Yong told me that he found my notebook and had kept if for me. I'd  quickly drove over and retrieve it from him. I am really grateful towards the management and also Mr. Yong for safe keeping my notebook. Had a good lunch and meet good people in the process. 

Rating
Food: 4.0 out of 5.0
Service: 4.5 out of 5.0 (cause they are honest people and great service provided)
Ambiance: 4.0 out of 5.0 (homely feel) 

Address71, Jalan SS15/4C, 47500 Subang Jaya
Contact 012 - 225 0877
Opening Hours: 12:00 - 2:30pm, 6:00 - 10:00pm
(closed on Mondays)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...