9.02.2009

Gold Leaf Village @ Taman Berkely

Babe's sister saw this restaurant introduced by one of the makan show in Astro. It's located nearby Centro at Klang. Once entered the restaurant I can saw the host of the makan show (AX) on hanging on one side of the wall. I think he's really good for publicity and not just him but another lady host for another show too. But I learn that not everything that is recommended on these shows are really that true. I think you guys out there know what I mean.

Bean Curd in Thick Soup (Tau Fu Kang)
To warm up our hungry tummy, we had ordered their bean curd soup. It's thick but there wasn't much bean curd in the pot though. Lots of flour used in the making I assume. The owner heard that I am a blogger and was snapping the soup and quickly changed all their bowl to some better one for us. Well, who said blogger don't have their perks.

Marmite Chicken
I had to say that this had got to be one of the highlight for the whole dinner. The scent of the sauce is thick but still maintaining the chicken's taste. The chicken is still crunchy when I sink my teeth into them which is very good. Nice.

Sliced Fish Cooked in Sweet & Sour
This is one of their famous dish which the owner recommended. The dish consists of sliced fish with sweet & sour sauce mixed together with eggplant, onions and dried chilly. Yes, there is a whole lot of stuff in the dish but lack the most important ingredient which is the fish. The fish (I forgot what's the name) had a lot of bones too. Definitely not my plate of dish.

Kam Heong La La
Good news, sauce is tasty and as the name goes, the scent is strong. Bad news, lots of shells and a lot of empty ones. We were practically looking around for a clam which has something in it. Sad. Other than the portion, the dish is really good.

Yau Mak in Fu Yu
For those who know me well, this had got to be my favourite vegetable dish. But I prefer my green to be spicy so adding lots of small sliced chillies are a good choice. But it depends on individual I guess. Normal dish over here but how can you go wrong with this dish.

Chicken Cooked with Yam in Hot Pot
This is another dish which is recommended by the owner. I am so not into Yam for those who know me. So I didn't really try this dish out. But since I was force by all of them as I am writing this post, so I took a bite and taste of the soup. Well it's not that bad and it was really nice actually. The chicken was soft and the taste of the gravy is just right and not too strong and thick. Got to say this is unexpected. But I didn't bite on the yam though.

Overall, I think the place was a bit over rated maybe. But heck, that's television for you. I had know all the while that we can't really trust what we see in those TV shows. But still I give them the benefit of the doubt and try them out. For this place I had to say, the one next door is better. Will try to give a review of the place in my future visit. The chef came out and asked if the food was alright and all. Is it because he heard I was reviewing their food? Anyway, it wasn't all bad. At least the marmite chicken and the last dish was good. Service was alright but we were all sweating when we finished our dinner, air condition not cold enough I assumed. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

2 comments:

aleximon said...

Ah Xian also go there meh? Food ok lah, why famous ? becoz nearby got lots of office, then those businessman will makan there, slow slow then become famous lor

BaBy OcTopUs said...

i also dunno la. maybe be lo. the sister saw in Astro Ah Xian show. Confirm got la cause got his picture big big hanging in the restaurant. lolx ..!!

but not to say that nice. the family said the one next door is better. hehe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...