7.29.2009

Lorong Selamat Char Kuey Teow @ USJ 11

What is the best way to kick start your day? One hot delicious plate of Char Kuey Teow. Well OK, I can start with Nasi Lemak too. But this time around, I had some craving for CKT and since my bro called for breakfast I had decided to return to Lorong Selamat CKT at USJ. The stall is located in one of the many one in Restaurant Lam Hin Leong. The shop is located behind the Petronas Station after the police station intersection at USJ. Sorry for the lack of info on the location as I forgot to take of their name card (yes, they have).

Char Kuey Teow or Fried Kuey Teow with everything on it. As you can see, it has the similar traits from the one from Lorong Selamat in Penang. Served with big fresh prawns, fried lards, sliced Chinese Sausages and a tint of pepper on top for taste. The plate of CKT looks more colorful and mouth watering with the addition of fresh bean sprout and cockles too. But I am so not into both of them. So I had ordered the below. RM5.00 (L) & RM4.50 (M)

This is the Char Kuey Teow Mee or Fried Kuey Teow with Noodles. I don't take plain Kuey Teow so I add some noodle into them. For one it won't look too dry as I don't eat bean sprout and cockles. Yes, I know, it's not the original way of eating it but heck, I am not from Penang. I am just a Pahang guy who likes to eat Penang food. The noodle isn't that spicy although you can ask them to do so. You can really see the bits of egg on most of the noodles and not like the one we normally had outside which sticks to each other. Simply delicious. But my plate of CKT might not be everyone plate of CKT so you can try with an open thought. RM5.00 (L) & RM4.50 (M)

As you can see the women is the only cook over there and the man is only helping her to prepare ingredients and taking orders. It's not big but the food is good. I had tried all the stalls from my makan-venture up North few months back and nothing came close to this. I think most of the good cooks had either moved to KL or retired. Both of them (married couple?? I assumed) are from Penang. So since I am half Hokkien, had ordered using my rojak Hokkien and I guess got some itsy bitsy more noodle on order. Or it was just myself. LOL!! Another thing worth mentioning is that they had managed to maintain their standard and quality of the food although it's been years from my first plate of CKT. (Rating: 4.2 out of 5.0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had been to this stall few times. Got to agree with you that their CKT is above average.

BaBy OcTopUs said...

you can try the singapore chicken rice next to it. it's open by my friend's sister. very nice.

Thomas Lee said...

Not USJ11 ler.... It's USJ14.

BaBy OcTopUs said...

oh is it? i tot all the while it's USJ14. let me go over again and confirm. thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...