7.29.2009

Satey Kajang Hj. Samuri @ PJ

I had always wanted to try out this branch of Hj. Samuri at Uptown Damansara. I had previously visited their main branch at Kajang town several time before. So after gym tonight I had suggested this place to my gym-mates and they all agreed to give it a try. The place was a full house when we arrived around 8.30pm. Business was really good I assume.

Once ordered, they placed this big bowl of peanut gravy to go with the satay. But there was not much peanut in the gravy tonight. But still it's alright in term of the taste.

They had separated the gravy and the chilly sauce so that those who doesn't like their gravy to be spicy can have the option not to add it in. The chilly paste is quite spicy and suit my taste too.

We had ordered some Ketupat and sliced cucumber to go with the satey. I had also ordered a bowl of onions to go with it. How can I eat satey with onions, right? (RM2.50)

So how many did we ordered? 4 of us (3 girls) had decided to go with 25 sticks of chicken and beef each. So a total of 50 sticks all together. It was a bit cold but it was alright. Surprisingly the beef was really lean and isn't too difficult to chew on. Chicken was alright and there were sufficient fat and lean ratio and also burned portion on each stick. My only comment is that it isn't that hot. (RM0.60/stick)

Other than Satay, they do served local fried rice. Place isn't that stuffy and smokey as I though it would be. It's a double-story shop lot but they didn't open the top floor for customers. I would recommend a cooling coconut to cleanse down all the spiciness and heat from the meat. It's a good place to have some light dinner or even supper with friends and family. It's located at the same row as HSBC bank. So it's not that hard to locate. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...