2.25.2009

Chung Hwa Chicken Ball Rice @ Melaka

Was craving for some Hainan Chicken Ball rice and where is the best place to have it? Melaka of course. So I drove down to have my lunch over at Chung Hwa in Melaka. OK, a bit dramatic. The truth is, I have a meeting down at Melaka and decided to have my lunch over at Chung Hwa. It was not as unhygienic as some of my friends had described to me. The place was organized and clean.

Walk over and told the boss, "Tauke, Pe Qui Phua Chiak, No Ge Lang". OK, for those who doesn't know Hokkien (or don't understand what I translated even if you know Hokkien) it means, Boss, Half Steamed Chicken Rice for two pax. LOL!!

The steamed chicken was really soft and juicy. Just the way it should be.

One plate of rice consists of 5 rice balls. We had ordered a second later on. I am OK with the texture of the rice but my boss like his balls to be harder (no pun intended).

Was looking for some thick soya sauce to go with my ball rice but was told that they don't have it. Gosh~! Wasted~! Can't really enjoy my rice ball or chicken rice without thick soya sauce. Production was good as balls were seen coming out from the kitchen and customers started to poured in during lunch hour.

Overall it's a nice lunch to have and not that expensive too. The whole lunch cost us RM21.60 inclusive of drinks and extra 10 rice balls. Can see a few Japanese girls ordering the dish and taking some shots at it. During holidays or weekends, the place is so packed that we can't even find a place to sit. The place is located at the end of Jonker Street near to the bridge next to the Red Post Office building. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...