3.10.2010

Wen Heng @ Kinrara


I was driving around Kinrara with babe looking for a place for an early dinner when I thought about this place. My last visit would be 2 years back which didn't really leave a good impression. But the place is so pack most of the time and I can still remembered the last visit was so hot and stuffy as it was a full house. Was crossing my fingers this time around hoping that this time would be better as there wasn't much customers when we arrived.

  
 At the front of the shop you could see one section dedicated for cooking all their soups. They have all kind of Chinese soup which you could mumble out. We decided to order a pot to share while waiting for our food. You could actually smell the nice strong scent of the soups when you pass by.

 
On the other side of the restaurant, you could see a lot of claypot being cook by the maestro. Yes, it's the owner and also the main chef of the restaurant. It's really a sight if you arrived around dinner seeing him cooking all the pots at the same time. I was surprised when I saw him pour some beer into a glass to cleanse his thirst in between cooking. But heck, I don't really care as long as the food is good.

 
 We had decided to order 'Sai Yong Choy' soup. There's plenty of vegetable and also a few large chunk of chicken in the pot. Soup was hot and the scent was just alright.

 
Since we arrived early, they didn't have the large claypot so we ordered two small (single). I had also asked for extra salted fish and also Chinese sausages. I was right, the food was better this time around. Reason was because my last visit was during peak hour and the chef might be rushing for food to go out hence the quality is not there. Now I finally tasted the real deal. The rice was just right not too hard and not too wet. The black sauce was sufficient for the whole pot which is really important too. This is really a treat.

From my review above you could have guess that this is a good visit for me. The place wasn't pack and the food was good. Almost on the same par with the one from Damansara Utama which I had previously. The place starts their business at 5pm and end at 10pm. I would recommend that you come before 6pm so that you can beat the dinner crowd. Try not to come during the rush hour as you will need to wait for almost 30mins or more and the taste might not be as good as I had. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you pls give me direction to Wen Heng? Let say i'm coming frm IOI Puchong. Thks

BaBy OcTopUs said...

let's see now. if you're coming from IOI Puchong (on your LEFT). Go straight towards Kinrara traffic light which is in the middle lane.

Pass the traffic light and you can see another traffic light after 500M or so. Go straight again and you will go down hill from here where you will reached another traffic light and another one in less than 300M. If you turn left, you can turn back to KESAS from here. But go straight again.

You will reach Bintang Mini Mart traffic light. Go straight and you will see SHELL on your left and turn left. You can see Hong Leong Bank on your right hand side, the restaurant is behind it.

Hope you can find it. Or you can google up the map. Enjoy~!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Btw, you will be driving along Jalan Puchong Lama.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...