10.02.2009

Tony Roma's @ Cineleisure

Tony Roma's, the place where you can find the best ribs in town. Well that is not the story for the one in Malaysia. Cause the best ribs should be served with Pork. But since they wanna make it Halal in our country, hence beef ribs are only available. But that didn't stop me from going to Singapore to have a taste of their pork ribs few years back. The succulent red sauce from the full racks of pork ribs are too delicious to describe. Well enough of imagining and let's get back to reality. This is my, hmm ... totally forgot how many times had I visited this place but let's say well enough.

Onion Loaf - RM16.90 (Full)
Decided to give it another try as I had a bad experience previously. Well, the outlook had changed a bit and the taste had improved slightly but still not to my satisfactory. I had better from Singapore and the one at Pyramid. This used to be one of my favorite starter. Too starchy maybe.

Cheesy Burger - RM22.90
They don't name this fella Cheesy for nothing. It's a thick burger loaded with two different cheese, namely Cheddar and Swiss. The size of the patty was generous my friend didn't managed to finished it off. It comes with fries and on the side too. Not too bad.

BBQ 1/2 Chicken - RM29.90
This is practically half chicken basted in their Original barbecue sauce and charbroiled. I think there are nothing much to say bout the chicken here. But since my friend wanted to have chicken, this is the only choice other than the grilled ones. It come with fries and coleslaw at the side too.

Grill Salmon Pasta - RM39.90
The portion was really generous for the salmon and also pasta. But then again we're paying close to RM40 for the dish. Heard that the salmon was nicely done and the pasta tasted quite alright too.

Chicken Tuscany Pasta - RM27.90
This pasta was really large. Babe was really surprised how large it was. It's grilled chicken breast tossed with a light Pomodoro tomato sauce, onions, red and green bell peppers, sun dried tomato pesto and mushrooms. Yes, there are that much of ingredients in there. Served over linguine and topped with Ramano cheese and some fresh basil. Sauce was really strong and pasta was not too over cook. Nice if you like tomato based sauce.

Grill Cod Fish with Rice & Broccoli - RM39.90
Damn the Cod fish was large. They were so generous on the portion. Well since we're paying RM39 and there's just some rice and broccoli, I guess it's logical.

Fillet Mignon - RM53.90
My friend had ordered medium well but it was quite raw. There's still blood oozing out from the red when it's cut in between. But they happily took the red in and recook it again. The meat was done well when it came out. Service was good. A bit dry after the second grilling on the red but you can always pour some BBQ sauce onto it.

Ribeye - RM53.90
This too was too raw for my friend and was recook. From what I heard from my friend, it was slightly dry hence she poured a lot of sauce onto her dish. Not sure how it tasted though since she like adding Tabasco sauce onto everything she eat.

Rib Combo Dinner - RM55.90
I was deciding either to order their bountiful ribs or combo and at the end I had ordered the latter. As I can taste both the ribs and also steaks together. Ribs are smaller compared to the one I had previously if I am not mistaken. It was a bit dry but the beef was not hard luckily. Not much sauce though. Ordered medium raw but still a bit hard to cut through the red. A filling dinner is what I can say.

Overall the dinner was alright. Not what expected but still acceptable. Food was cook a bit raw but they took it in and redo it for us. Service was good. The place was pack that night during our dinner. But I still like my ribs to be pork rather than beef if possible. Do order some bottomless juices so you don't have to fork out too much money on the drinks. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...