8.20.2009

Restaurant Hong Ling @ Subang Jaya

Called up my ex-colleague for lunch and we are thinking of a place to eat around Subang Jaya. Bak Kut Teh? Curry Chicken Rice? Crispy Fried Chicken? JM Briyani? But we wanted something not that hot, so he recommended a place called Hong Ling which served Ulu Yam Loh Mee. It's located at SS14 facing SS15. 3 shops away from the bak kut teh shop. My first visit over this place and I am starving. So I am in for anything they have to offer.

Fried Crullers in Salad (RM10 - Small)
My friend had recommended this dish as he had tried it a couple of time and it's not bad. We had ordered a small portion to try it out. Testing the water that is. It wasn't that bad actually. The crullers are still crunchy with mayonnaise wrapped around it. Nice way to open our taste bud.

Fried Bean with Pork (Medium-RM10 / Large-RM15)
This is also one of their recommended dish from the restaurant. It's their fried bean with crispy pork. Damn the pork is so crispy and delicious. The bean looks a bit old but trust me it's very crunchy. I can still hear the crunching sound when I bite into them. Nice.

Ulu Yam Loh Mee (Small-RM5.50 / Medium-RM10 / Large-RM13)
How can we have lunch without ordering their famous loh mee. It's thick and the noodle is just right. Not that dark like the one from Ulu Yam but acceptable. Portion really generous. There's even fried lard in it. Delicious. For a small portion, this is really filling.

Fried Mee Suah (RM5.50-Small / RM10-Medium / RM13-Large)
Surprisingly I like this plate of fried mee suah a lot. It's sort of like glass noodle but better. It's quite wet so the noodle won't stick to each other like glue. Plenty of bean sprout and eggs all around the noodle. Really nice. Trust me, it tasted better than it look.

Special Homemade Shu Fun Kan (Small-RM5.50 / Medium-RM10 / Large-RM13)
Last but not least the special homemade tapioca starch stick noodle. My friend wanted to give this dish a try and it wasn't as nice as it was supposed to be. I had the same at Klang's Boston and it tasted better. The texture here is different from the one from what I had before. This is too salty for me. Not my plate of noodle. But the rest was alright.

This is definitely a place that I will return again with my friends and family for a good plate of noodle. Price is reasonable and parking is still possible to find around the area. There is still a lot of noodle they offered in their menu which I wanted to try like the Hokkien Noodle and Fried Glass Noodle. Maybe another round of lunch with my friends next week. For your information, we had ordered all the small portion for all the food above and there are only three of us to finish off all the above. Total bill comes to about RM38 inclusive of 3 herbal tea. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

PS: Thanks to blog ed. for teaching me a new word today, crullers. I trust a lot of you never come across this word similar to me, right? : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahem.... I was looking high and low for the credit....lolx....

Since When haf I become blog ed for this blog ??? errr.... I need to tell u...Got price to pay one hor... :p :p :p

And... How come u were there n Tak Ajak I ??? U know u do haf a lot of 'friends' in Subang, Don't u ???

BaBy OcTopUs said...

where got people put credit at the beginning of a post? credits only come rolling out at the end of a show ma. lolx but thanks again babe.

aiya, both blog link together so practically you're in whether u like it or not. lolx

how to ajak la babe, it's working hour during lunch time. you're at Section 17 in PJ not SJ lar ... lolx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...