5.28.2011

Re Della Pasta Taste Bug's @ KSL City Mall

This is my second visit to KSL City Mall over at Johor Bahru. It's located nearby Holiday Plaza. It's one of the newest entry of shopping malls in the city center. My first visit is like 2 months ago and the place actually didn't change that much. I am looking for a decent place for dinner and had surveyed the whole building. Finally I decided to dine in this restaurant called Re Della Pasta.

I was browsing their menu and the waitress was so nice to come out to introduce some of them for me. Since they served some wide varieties of pastas and pizza, so I have no problem deciding my choice of food that night. But still, I had asked for recommendation from the waiter who is ever so helpful throughout my dinner course. I had decided to try their pasta and pizza each.

Home-Made Pasta Salad - RM8.95
I am deciding between their mushroom soup and salad. At the end I had decided on their home made pasta salad. It's home-made Spirelli with tuna, sweet corn, egg, onion, olive and parsley. I have no complaint on the salad but I do wish that it could be colder. Not really a large portion but just nice for one pax.

 Spaghetti Con Fungi - RM15.95
There are at least 20 over choices of pasta in their menu. But sadly they don't have Carbonara in it. Although they don't have my favorite pasta but they do have a variety of in-house pasta. I am really impressed in their menu but then again I need to taste it before making a judgement on them. So I ordered something close to Carbonara. This is actually a vegetarian pasta cooked with creamy white wine sauce with mushroom as their star. Presentation was really good but the portion seemed to be a bit small at the beginning. But when I started to dig in, I was really surprised to see how I was wrong.

Portion was really generous and the spaghetti is not over cooked like some places I tried before. One thing that I want to express is the mushroom they used. Plenty and Generous. They used at least 3 or 4 types of mushroom in the pasta. This is the first time I am so impressed of a Con Fungi Pasta.

 4 Season Pizza - RM17.85
They have around 10 variates of pizza in their menu and again I can't decide on any of them so the waiter recommended this for me, since I can taste four of their other pizzas in one. Actually the waiter recommended one of their specialty in another menu but since it was a seafood based, I had declined. All of their pizza are thin crust which I really happy to hear. They have pepperoni, cheese, mushroom and green peas based pizza on the same pizza. 

I had half of that and I like the mushroom based the most. The tomato based sauce used for all the toppings are the same. But mixing it together with mushrooms is really good. Pepperoni was abundance and I was really happy for that. The green bean portion was the least my preference. Anyway, it's really a good piece of pizza overall.

 Iced Cappuccino
A bit strong but luckily my first sip was at the end of the dinner. Nothing special but just an ordinary but not that bad glass of cappuccino.

At the end of the meal, as I am preparing to reached for my wallet to pa the bill, I was surprised that it wasn't in my pocket. Checked everywhere and I still can't locate my wallet. Guessed that I left the wallet in my car. So I had asked the waiter to wait for me while I walk over to my car to check. I even offered my passport to be hold by them while I go and search for my wallet. But he was so kind to just asked me to go and come back with the money when I find it. At the end I found it and paid them. Even filled up their customer feedback form and gave them a really good review on both food and service. Definitely going back on my next trip down South. 

Rating:
Food : 4.2 out of 5.0
Ambiance: 4.0 out of 5.0
Service: 4.7 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...