12.11.2009

Tien Tien Lai @ Bandar Puteri


It's been week and I finally managed to dine at this restaurant called Tien Tien Lai or Fu Gua Thong (bitter gourd soup) restaurant. Trust me, the place will be pack till the road side after 6pm. So we arrived half pass five that day. It's located at the same row as Teow Chew Moi at Bandar Puteri. The place as the name says, served home cook meal with bitter gourd as the main dish. There are a few signature dish in the restaurant and we ordered a few of them namely the bitter gourd soup and also fried pork.


 Bitter Gourd Soup - RM10
This is their signature dish of the restaurant which is the bitter gourd soup. The soup isn't those that we drink at the normal restaurant. It's really strong and from the soup itself you can see they had added a lot of pork into it. There are plenty of pork and also some other parts in it. I am not into bitter gourd but heck this is one hell of a soup. A must order if you are eating in this place.

 
Bean Curd with Minced Meat - RM8
Wanted something simple hence the dish. If I am not mistaken the bean curd is not steamed or cooked. It's just fresh from the fridge but it's chilled in this case. Top with minced pork and it's ready to go. They also served bean curd with fried onion oil & Thai style bean curd.


Preserved Radish Omelet - RM8
As my brother is going vegetarian nowadays so we decided to ordered this preserved radish rather than the prawn omelet. Again it's crispy and plenty of radish but maybe a bit oily. But then again, it's hot and really nice to go with the other dishes. They have onion, minced meat and bitter gourd omelet to choose from.


Signature Fried Pork Belly - RM4/portion
This had got to be my favorite dish of the place. As you can see, it's pork belly and it's fried. I eat anything fried and in addition it's pork too. Delicious. It's freshly fried and it's half lean half fat and extra crispy. I had ordered two portion or slices for this plate. Trust me, it's juicy and finger licking good. Yummy!!!
 
 
Sweet Potato Leave with Garlic - RM8
This is a normal vegetable but I really like it as it's fresh and not too oily. Most importantly, plenty of garlic. I really like garlic in whatever food I am eating.


We were really full at the end of the meal and I was totally satisfied with the dishes. Even down to the bean curd and vegetable. Maybe it's because of the home style or feel from the dishes which make the place such popular among the residents. I will definitely be going back again for their signature fried pork again maybe for lunch or dinner. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...