5.09.2011

ChillaCup @ Subang Avenue

It's been weeks after visiting this place but I only have time posting it online now. As usual, busy with the house and all nowadays. ^^ Saw this place during my supper session over at Old Town inside Subang Avenue. So decided to go over to try it out with my lunch buddy. She is more than obliged since there's food involved. The place is called ChillaCup. It's located at the Ground floor opposite Amaree Restaurant. Sounds familiar? Cause they have a few branches around town actually. 

The place like any other cafe serve not just the usual lunch menu but also some cakes and desserts on their shelves. The cakes looked fresh and the salad too. Didn't really have the chance to try them out since we're taking our lunch and we don't do dessert normally. Maybe during tea time.

The place is practicing self order where you go to the counter and order your food like Starbucks and wait for it to be serve.  They have this special way of notifying you when you order is ready. How? 

A pager that is. There's a timer or sort on it.  So when your order/food are ready, it will make a sound to inform you. Then you can just walk over to the counter and take your order back. A bit of a hassle for us. Since we need to self order and then go over again and take our order. There are several waiter standing there but their duty are just to clean the tables and all I guess. 

Browsed through the menu and decided to go with the set lunch. I had add on a mushroom soup from the set since I saw the picture was so tempting. Not bad. Not those out of the cane type of soup at least. Nicely prepared as you can see from above. Taste was alright and it's freaking HOT. Fresh from the pot I guess. 

Lunch buddy can't decide what she wanted and I decided for her on the Spaghetti Napolitan since she like pasta. That was the only pasta in the set menu although she prefer cream based pasta. Tough luck~! Tomato taste was really strong and a bit too salty too. But overall it was an ordinary plate of pasta. For the price you are paying, I guess this is acceptable. 

As for me, I had ordered their Beef Burger. I was really hungry so I had decided to go for something large. The beef is not as juicy as I wanted but still it's bearable and acceptable for me. The burger come with some salad and fries on the side. The set surprisingly was quite filling for me. 

So here are the branches for ChillaCup around town. 

Overall the lunch was alright. Not the best we had but average. Cool place to chill out for a cup of coffee (hence the name I assume). Saw a few customers meeting up with their customer for lunch and students surfing the nets at that time. Maybe will try out their coffee on my next tea time. 

Rating:
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0
Service: 3.5 out of 5.0
Food: 3.8 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...