7.18.2009

Soong Kee Beef Noodle @ KL (Revisited)

This has got to be the best beef noodle stall in whole KL for me. It's Soong Kee which is located along Jalan Tun H.S Lee. My last visit was quite some time ago with my ex-colleague over. So it's nice to be back again to taste this delicious noodle again. They are famous for their beef noodle and also porridge with pork's intestines and spare parts. The parts are not cut into small bits which you normally eat elsewhere but rather in large pieces like the one you over at Hong Kong. Worth a try if you're a pork intestines lover. Sorry, I don't think be posting of it as I don't do spare parts and intestines.

As usual, I had my Dry Beef Noodle (large). I didn't asked for the extra mince beef as 1) it cost another extra RM1 and 2) I would like to have a standard portion to see how it goes as I always asked for more. Surprisingly the portion of mince beef was just nice. Not too much and not too little. The taste of the noodle was already making me taking it in more and more. I think it's the taste of "Kan Sui" or the coloring which they use on the yellow noodle. Some people dislike the taste but I am in love with it. I know it's not healthy to intake too much of it but life is too short to not eat what you love. The mince beef was just nice and not over cooked like the other stalls. I can have a second bowl after finishing mine within minutes. Yes, I was that hungry and it was really that good.

The bowl of noodle come with 8 beef balls all together. If you ordered a large portion for the soup, they would come in 18 beef balls. That is really a lot. But 8 for me is generous enough together with the large portion of the noodle. At the end of the meal, I am a very satisfied customer and am ready to continue with my journey to conquer Petaling Street. For beef noodle lover, this is totally worth your travel although parking is an arse over there. You can either park at the side of the road like me and the rest of Malaysian or some building's basement parking nearby. (Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...