1.24.2010

Chilies @ 1 Utama


This is actually an old post which I back dated few weeks back. Was deciding where to have a quick lunch after a our weekend movie. At the end we decided on Chilies. As we all agreed that they served one of the best western food inside 1U. Actually we all like the bottom-less drink which they offers. But as usual we need to wait for a while for our seats. At the end we decided to sit at the bar table while waiting for our table. So we went through the menu and decided to ordered Starter to share around and main for each other.


Kickin' Jack Nachos- RM 24.95
The nachos consists of beans and queso with a hint of seasoned beef with jalapeño Jack cheese and Margarita spice. Served with house-made pico de gallo and sour cream. Nice but better make sure that you finish it as soon as possible. Or else it's all squishy. But I still like my Triple Play.


Monterey Chicken- RM 32.95
This is definitely one of the best chicken in the house. It's marinated, grilled chicken breast  with BBQ sauce. Served with mashed potatoes with black pepper gravy and seasonal veggies. The portion is moderate as usual. So it's really a filling dish if you're having it alone.


Big Mouth Bites - RM 22.95
As I can't decide whether I want to order french fries or onion rings, so I decided to go for both. The dish comes with four mini burgers topped with applewood smoked bacon, American cheese, sautéed onions and Ranch dressing on sesame seed buns. Served with crispy onion strings and french fries with jalapeño-ranch dressing. I thought this wasn't gonna be enough for me from the looks of it, but trust me, it's damn filling.


Citrus Prawns with Chicken - RM 37.95
Sorry but I forgot what's the exact name of this dish ordered by babe. It's actually grilled chicken served with rice, grilled prawns topped with house pico de gallo. This is another filling dish as there are rice and the portion of chicken is quite large. If you wanted something between seafood and chicken, then this is your choice.


Molten Chocolate - RM 19.95
What is a filling meal without a good dessert to go with it. And a very evil dessert that is. This should be their famous dessert of the house. Trust me, you can't finish this off on yourself if you had already took your main. So we shared around the table and still can't finish it off. It's chocolate cake with molten warm chocolate inside with ice cream on top. Trust me, it's really an evil dessert~!

Overall, we were all satisfied with our food but a holding back on our opinion on their service. Don't get me wrong, the guy who served us was alright but I expected more from them as this is not my first visit over and I do expect high level of quality from them. Some of the other waiters are a bit slow and don't entertain us when we called upon them which I am not really happy about. But the food was alright, so we let it slide for this time. If you ask me to choose between TGI Friday or Chilies, I would definitely choose the latter. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...