8.13.2009

Pizza Ria @ SS2

I was still deciding whether to blog bout this little place which me and my friend had lunch few weeks back. I had some mix feeling on this restaurant since my last visit. The restaurant that I am talking about is Pizza Ria which is located at SS2, same row as Public Bank. For those who live around PJ area, they should at least heard of tried their food over here. My first visit was was few years back and it was a good experience. Well up until my last visit that is.

Cream of Mushroom Soup
We had ordered their set lunch which comprises of soup, main and drink. The soup is definitely worth mentioning over here. It's thick and the scent of mushroom strong. Just the way I like my soup to be. Add some bread crumbs on top and it's perfect. It's been a while since I had a decent good mushroom soup.

Classic Fettuccine Carbonara
This is not the first time I had this but this had got to be the worst I had. It's too watery and there is practically not much taste in their cream sauce. It was rather hard for my friends who ordered the same to finish theirs. A bit disappointed on this dish as it was one of my favourite dish. (RM19/set)

Tagliatelle Alfredo
This is practically tagliatelle cooked with turkey ham, parmesan and onion in alfredo sauce. The sauce was surprisingly similar to our Carbonara. Not sure if they used the same sauce or what. But this too was a bit disappointing as it wasn't that tasty. But the turkey ham was nice. (RM19/set)

Spaghetti Alle Vongole
This dish is a bit spicy according to them but not really. It's spaghetti cooked with clams, chili and broccoli in garlic sauce. I think this could be the saviour our the day. Although seafood isn't my first choice but this is still passable. (RM19/set)

The food today was a bit disappointing maybe due to all of us ordering the same dish. Well I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here as I had visited them numerous time and this is the first time I had a bad experience on their food. Maybe a new chef? But the boss is still the same though. I had tried their Risotto and pizza before and it's worth a try if you like it. Definitely be going back again to try them again and let you all know what I think bout it. (Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...