9.08.2009

Pork Nasi Lemak @ SS2 Market

I had been having some new craving for the past few weekends. For those who read my blog, they should know that I usually had my morning nasi lemak every Saturday. But these few week, I had been patronizing a new spot. It's located at the SS2 morning market. For those who are familiar with the morning market I think you know which stall I am mentioning about. The stall are managed by this couple (I think they are married).

So what is so special about this stall? So let's do the run down of the dishes. They have the usual sambal which is not that spicy, squid curry, fried egg, vegetables, chicken curry and their famous pork curry. Imagine rendang ayam but replace the chicken with pork.


Previously I had asked for additional rice as their standard portion was quite little for me. But was told that they don't do that. So I had decided to buy another pack instead. And it would help too if you can speak Hokkien.

The nasi lemak taste like the one we normally had from any Malay stall. I had asked for some chicken curry to be added to my rice and pork rendang. The pork rendang was really tender and delicious. Not too dry and not that spicy at all. Combine the rice, rendang and the chicken gravy and you have one hell of a good nasi lemak. I was really amazed of the nasi lemak and now I know why there are so many people queuing up every morning waiting for their packet of rice. (Rating: 4.2 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...