4.11.2011

Phukat BBQ Buffer

Finally I have the time to filter through my pictures during my trip over to Phuket two weeks back. Not much to talk about during the makan session but the most memorable one would be this one. It was highly recommended by the local tour agent over there. Actually the fella is from Malaysia and is operating over there. So he is so nice of bringing 15 of us over to this place. He mentioned that this is the best serving BBQ in town. OK, we will see later.
The place was packed when we arrived and since we didn't make any reservation and having a big crowd didn't help much, we waited around 10 minutes for a table for all of us. The tour guide, Richard was so friendly and helpful since he's the only one who know how to converse in Thai, so he's plenty of help that night. You have locals and also foreigners in the restaurant. When we're moving in to the table, we saw a large crowd of Malaysian leaving and giving a good thumbs up of their experience. This should be good I think to myself. 
Lets go through their menu or rather food on the table now. On the first corner we have the seafood section where as you can see, there's fresh prawns every where and plenty of them too. I didn't took much but just two of them for the soup. 
On the other side, we have the marinated red meat section. You have beef, mutton, chicken and pork. I am particularly into the marinated chicken on top. All of these meat seemed really fresh to me, maybe it's due to the crowd and fast replenishing of the stocks on the table.
Here is the beef and mutton with some internal organs too. The far right corner would be the pig's skin as the cooking oil for the BBQ session. Yes, if you didn't realized it till now, it's actually similar to the BBQ Plaza over here (which is from Thailand too).
Plenty of vegetables to choose from but babe decided to go with the seaweed instead which I really love. 
There are at least 5 types of chilies to choose from and here I had highlighted 3 of them since it's my favorite among the rest. This is the normal red chilly with lots of seeds in them. Not for the weak hearted.
This is the green chilly all minced and throw into a big pot. Look at the color~!
My favorite and one the most spiciest among the 5, you have everything inside. Onions, garlic, chilly leaves, chilly seeds and whole lot of everything else. Richard told us to mix all the 5 chilly together and take a dip in it. Yes, it's a very memorable moment during that first bite into it. haha! 
Here's the seaweed vegetable which babe took a lot as she kept on reminding me that it's very good for the body as it contain iodine or some really good protein in it. OK, this I am alright with. Delicious. 
This is how it all started, clean pot and clear plain soup.
This is what it become at the end, black burnt surface but the soup was so damn sweet due to the seafood and all the other vegetables that we cook in it. 
Babe happily helping herself with the dessert. 
We ordered 6 bottles of Pepsi (RM6/bottle). The Pepsi so darn old school. ^^
Overall we have a very filling and satisfying dinner that night. The price for the buffet is RM14/head. You need to pay for the ice cubes too (RM5/bowl). Yes, you need to pay for the ice cubes. Don't ask me why but you just need. After the big dinner we walk around town and had body massage before calling it a day. Definitely be recommending this place to my friends if they are going over if I can find the name card which I misplaced it last week. Dang~! Until then, I will keep searching until I find it. ^^

Food :3.8 out of 5.0
Ambiance: 3.5 out of 5.0 (actually it's quite windy and not that hot so it's still acceptable)
Service: 4.0 out of 5.0 (there's this fella standing next to our table just serving us drinks...cool)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...