11.23.2009

New York New York @ 1Utama


I had always wanted to try this place out since the first day I saw it. The place is called New York New York which is located inside 1Utama. It's outside Cold Storage and as you can see, the place serve burgers, pastas, sandwiches and pizzas. Arrived around noon time but isn't that pack, so we're seated on the large table.

 
I like their menu as it's called the 'little' black book. For those who don't get what it means, DUH?!! Anyway, the place origin from Singapore and not really New York for your information. But I am willing to try out anything new. Browsed through the menu and decided to order a main and another pizza to share.

 
Root Beer with Vanilla Ice Cream Float - RM9.80
Was browsing through the menu for my drink when I came across a big picture of this gigantic root beer. OK, this is so gonna be my drink today. Something similar to A&W's root beer minus the cold mug of course. Totally satisfying cleansing my thirst after a big meal with this baby.


Beefeater - RM14.90
My friend wanted something simple and decided to just order their sandwich. You can choose white, whole wheat or focaccia bread for your sandwich. It's actually roast beef with cheese, sauteed onions and honey mustard sauce. The roast beef was sliced and portion was alright. It's quite filling too. As mentioned, simple and nice for a quick bite.

 
Juicy Burger Supreme - RM16.50
This is one of their recommended burger in their menu. It's a pure beef patty with tomato and mustard on top. My favorite would be the fries on the side. The fries are freshly fried and crunchy, nice. The beef patty was generous and juicy. The only set back would be it's too soft and fall off once bite into which is really hard to eat. I think Chilies burgers are still the best in town for me.

 
Pepperoni Pizza - RM9.80
This is the beef pepperoni, tomato sauce, mozzarella with fresh herbs. Was bit disappointed when we saw the pizza as we thought that it would be thin crust but rather it's in thick bread. And the bread seemed like the one we bought from the cold storage. Pepperoni wasn't as much as shown too. But for the price we paid, it's quite worth it I guess. You get around 8 slices altogether from the pizza if I am not mistaken.

 
The ambiance is good and not too pack so we can have a decent conversation without have to shout at each other. Like the decoration they did with the place and also the sofas too. Looked very Ang Moh (Western). Food wise, other then the pizza, both the burger and sandwich are alright. Sadly they don't have any Carbonara pasta in their menu, Alfredo would be the closest I get to the cream sauce. A good place to catch a quick lunch and laid back on a Friday afternoon. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

2 comments:

JRmy said...

wow... the pizza looks good.... lotsa cheese yes?

BaBy OcTopUs said...

the cheese was moderate but sufficient for me. but as mentioned, it's too thick for me. i like my pizza thin crust :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...