8.16.2009

Marco's Pizza @ P.J

I think this is the second time I had visited Marco's Pizza. Although it's just opposite my place but I don't really visit the place that often. I can still remember my first visit few years back when they had just open. Had some good experience for it but didn't really had any thoughts of returning for more. Not sure why too. Saw some other blogger blogged bout this place and decided to have a try at it again after a few year back. Just to see if they improve or not. Since it was lunch hour we had decided to try out their lunch set. There are two set of lunch set which comprises of either pasta or pizza. The set come with their soup of the day and also a glass of drink.

Pumpkin Soup
Was a bit skeptical of the soup when I heard what they had that day. But since I don't have any choice I thought why not just give it a try. Well, it was really some good soup. Pumpkin taste was strong and it was really thick too. Some bread crumbles on the top to go with the soup. This is definitely one of the best pumpkin soup I had in many months. Portion was really generous too.

Bacon & Mushroom Pizza
Their pizza of the day was bacon & mushroom. It was thin crispy type with lots of ham and mushroom. Not too large but just enough for a single serving. According to my friend it wasn't that bad too. Can see that the cheese is visible in between the ham and mushroom.

Aglio Olio Spaghetti
As for their pasta, it was aglio olio with herbs, dried chili and fried ham. Surprisingly this is one of the best aglio olio I had in a long time. The taste was just right and the herbs and chili did play a crucial part to mixed together with the olive oil. My friend said it was too oily but it was alright for me as the pasta won't be that dry. Totally love this plate of pasta.

Although the pasta I had was just some set lunch they are promoting but it was really nice. At least it was better than the one I had at Pizza Ria or my other visit at different restaurants. This proves that they really do take care of their customers food although it isn't those expensive pasta or pizza. To me, this is how customer rate a restaurant. If they can't even prepare an ordinary pasta then how are we suppose to give their other dishes a try? Definitely gonna be visiting them again soon and hopefully their other dishes are the same standard too. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...