7.11.2011

Hometown Hot Soup Restaurant @ Sg. Chua

It was Friday and my colleagues over at the factory asked me over to try this place out over at Sungai Chua, Kajang. It's quite recommended since it's not that well known to much people. But heck when I got there, there's plenty of big cars already parked and dining inside. My colleague told me that we need to be there as early as possible to get a table. After seeing the scene, well I believe her.

While you descend down the stairs you can see a row of claypots cooking. A view I saw before during my visit to one of the claypot chicken rice over at PJ. But that is another story. The place doesn't really spell hygienic but heck, all this is what makes it so unique and so local. This is what Malaysia good food comes from. Well as long as I don't see any big rats running around is alright with me. 

After walking down some stairs, we arrived at the restaurant which is below the main road. It's only 12 o'clock and the place was already half full. My colleague told me that the place will be pack around 12.30 onward. She is not kidding, as we were waiting for our food, groups and groups of customers walked down the stairs. They do have a room or two inside the converted house for bigger groups. I am not sure if it's air condition or not but I doubt it is. Or else most of the people would have quickly went in. 

First on the table would be my favorite green, Yau Mak with Garlic. Since I am not very familiar with the food over there I had given my colleague the freedom to order. But she is not too familiar too as most of the time the food was ordered by my another colleague. So we asked for recommendation from the waiter and he gave us a few favorites from the restaurant. 

The highlight of the place would be their hot and spicy soup. The soup comes in a conventional claypot with chicken, pork and some internal intestines. The soup isn't that much spicy as I had expected from my previous experience else where. The soup still spicy to some but maybe my taste bud requires something stronger. Nevertheless, the soup was good and it's been a while since my last spicy soup. At least I won't felt to thirsty after the meal. The pork given are layered lean and fat ones which I really love. Chicken are in small parts and there are a lot of sliced garlic in it too. My lady friend wallop all the garlic since she had a lot of air in her tummy that day. Another advantage of having a spicy hot soup I may add. 

This is another local favorite from the restaurant. It's actually something like salted fish with pork in claypot. Wow, that actually rhymes. For me this is the highlight of my lunch as I like the pork which is salty and slightly spicy because of the dried chilies. There's plenty of minced garlic and small anchovies mixed together with the pork which gives us a really strong scent. Totally like this dish. Not the best I had but it's something good that I had in a while. 

I can't believed that we finished all the dishes that afternoon. Maybe we are too hungry or the food was just delicious. We did saw other dishes like fried chicken and another claypot dish but not sure what is that. Maybe I will go again with my other colleague to try it all. How much does it all cost? Well I am not sure since my lady friend decided to treat me that afternoon. Didn't asked but I guess should be less than RM50 I guess. Definitely going back again for a second with my family maybe. 

Rating
Food: 4.0 out of 5.0
Service: 3.8 out of 5.0
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0

Address: No. 268, 
Jalan 11, Sg. Chua,
Kajang, Selangor.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...