4.21.2010

Honkee Porridge @ Damansara Utama

First I have to apologized for my disappearing act this past week as I was away oversea. Now let's get back to the food. I am not into porridge that much but I am such a sucker for my grandma's home made porridge. I am only into Hokkien style which is thick and not those Cantonese style with a lot of water. Anyway, the place I am introducing is located at Uptown, Damansara. It's called Honkee Porridge. To be frank, if it's not my friend who recommended it at the first place, I won't be walking into this restaurant. The owner has a long history which takes back to 1949.

Fried Crullers - RM1/piece
We had ordered 3 pieces of crullers but it wasn't as warm or hot as I expect it to be. But still, I am a sucker for crullers. I like to crullers no matter it's hot or cold.

Fried Intestines - RM3
No, I didn't ordered this and I am not into any type of intestines or rather 'spare parts'. My mom once told me that I would eat anything which is fried and now I can tell her, she's wrong. I am not eating this. But one of my friend was so into this. I'd tried one and it's crunchy and not as bad as I thought. But anyhow, I won't order this on my own.

Century Egg - RM1.50
Who is not into century eggs right? Well, I wasn't into them until I had my box set from Shih Lin. And now I am so into them. This is freshly peeled and served to us. Nice~!

Raw Fish - RM6.50 (with porridge)
This is one of their house specialty, which is their raw fish with porridge. They will give you a plate of raw fish and one hot bowl of porridge. You will place the raw fish into the porridge and let it get cook. If you like fish, this is really one good porridge.

Porridge with Minced Pork & Century Egg - RM6.50
I had ordered this as I can't live without pork. Just kidding. But I really like eating my porridge with either sliced chicken or pork. The porridge is thick as I like it but the minced pork is a bit stingy.

Overall, we had a filling supper and all of us are satisfied with our bowl of porridge. They have this fresh Australia or NZ Salmon too that you can order. So if you are around the area and wanted something plain but still tasted good, you can drop by this place and give it a try. Let me know what you think of this place. 

Address: Honkee Porridge 
71, Jalan SS21/1A
Damansara Utama

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...