3.14.2011

The Olive Tree Cafe @ Damansara Intan

This lil' green cafe is located inside my working area  but I didn't have the opportunity to try it out for so long. Finally the day came when my colleague decided to treat me for lunch. She decided on the place too with the same reason. It's located inside the compound of Damansara Intan which is next to Tropicana Mall. It's at the same row as 7-11 and right at the 2nd entrance.
Both of us like the decoration inside as it's very calm and soothing. The concept of the whole place I would say is going green and environmental friendly. I like this section of the cafe with the rack full of nicely decorated green ornaments. Sadly Green is not my color according to the master. So you won't see any of these in my house soon. Well maybe a different color. 
When I say lil' cafe, it's actually not that little in fact it's quite spacious. You have a choice to sit on the sofas or normal tables. You can chill out surfing the net over here or having some dessert with some friends during tea time. 
I like the wall paper at the back as it brought out the whole green concept of the whole place. It was quite pack during lunch hour and I need to wait till all the crowds left before I took this pic. haha! 
Plenty of drinks to choose from and decided to go with their Aloe Vera Longan. Not too sweet just nice.
They have set lunches to choose from but we decided to go ala-carte. My colleague had ordered their fragrance rice with stirred fried chicken. The rice is really nice according to my friend but it looked to me like there's charcoal in the rice. haha! A decent plate of stirred fried chicken rice. 
Was contemplating whether to order their Carbonara or burger and decided on the latter at the end. Their house special ultimate burger. The patty isn't that large but it's thick in size. It's their own blend of beef patty with melted cheese, slices of tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, onions and french fries at the side. You can choose between chicken or beef of course. Not the best I had but it's filling and quite worth the money you're paying. Patty a bit dry to me. 
Overall the food was alright. Nice place to have some relaxing comfortable lunch. They used a lot of natural olive oil in their preparation of food, hence the name of the place. So I guess it's a healthy concept for those who are health conscious. There are also cakes which you can order to go if you like. 

Ambiance Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0
Service Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0
Food Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...