11.01.2009

Hoong Kee Restaurant @ Damansara Jaya

I was informed by my ex-colleague that there was this place located at Atria selling good Siew Yuk & Char Siew. I am all game when anyone mentioned about Char Siew. I was really surprised when he told me the name of the restaurant. The reason is, it's a dim sum restaurant and I had been there some time ago. The name of the restaurant is Hoong Kee which is the same row as RHB bank. There are a few stalls inside the dim sum shop and one of them being the pork stall. Ordered a plate of everything on them since I wanted to try them all out. But they do have roast duck too but doesn't attract me that much on a first impression.


So how do you define a good plate of Siew Yuk? Well for me, a good plate of Siew Yuk must be freshly prepared like any other dishes. This is because the top part or layer of the pork must be crunchy when you bite into them. I can't stand my Siew Yuk to be all soft and squishy. The bottom layer of the pork must have some slight salty taste from the burning process. Choosing the right part for this whole Siew Yuk is very crucial as there must be a mixture of lean and fat meat on each piece. The Siew Yuk at this stall did passed all the above but I couldn't say the same bout the Char Siew though. For one, it's not nicely cut as I preferred my pork to be sliced in bog chunky portion rather than think slice. Will return for their Siew Yuk but not their Char Siew in this case. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...