7.21.2009

Dragon I @ Centre Point P.J

No money for guessing where I had lunch today. Looking at the juicy, mouth watering dumplings, one can't stop but think, "god damn it, he's out to some nice restaurant for lunch again". Yes, it's Xiao Long Bao from Dragon-i. I had many elsewhere but Dragon-I make one of the best Shanghainese Steamed Meat Dumpling around town. It is said that the smooth thin skin has exactly 18 plaits and inside contains the delicately seasoned filling of minced Chinese ham, lean pork and ginger. Way to eat this baby is to poke a small hole and sips the tasty soup from within and dab it with some vinegar and few slices of ginger to finish it off. Simply delicious. (RM9/4 pieces)

This is the Vegetable Fried Rice with fried meat. When it arrived, my friend was a bit disappointed as the portion isn't as much as it's shown in the menu. But nevertheless, she was really full at the end of the meal. The rice was more than meets the eye actually. Taste was a bit plain if you like your fried rice to be simple but nothing a bit curry paste can't cure. The portion of fried meat was also a bit stingy comparing with the one in the menu. (RM 15/plate)

I am contemplating between having La Mian or fried rice. I wanted to have Sze Chuan La Mian but they only have it together with their Shanghainese Pork Chop (which I don't really like). So I had asked for something which is not in the menu. I had asked for Sze Chuan La Mian in Sweet & Sour Soup. But it comes with a side dish. Let's talk a bout the noodle first. It's better than the one I had previously. The soup is more spicy this time and not that as thick as last time (which is just nice). Portion was really generous too. (RM18/bowl)

This is the Taiwan style Fried Pork Meat that goes together with my noodle. Yes, I wanted this fried meat but it only come together with a plain bowl of La Mian. So I asked the waiter to change for me and he managed to do so. Portion was really generous but not as large as Shilin's XXL Fried Chicken though and not as crunchy and tasty too. But still it's alright and I am very satisfied with what I had. It's nice to have a slow lunch with some good food during rainy days. But noise from the children at the back running up and down didn't really give me the picture perfect effect though. But I did walk away satisfied with my lunch and will definitely be going back again. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

Address:
Dragon-i
Centre Point Bandar Utama
G115, Ground Floor,
Contact: 03-7728 2866

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...