6.06.2009

Restaurant Kim Lian Kee @ Jalan Petaling

I wanted to go to Petaling Street to look around as it has been few months since I was there. Babe was hungry so I had decided to go eat Hokkien Noodle at Kim Lian Kee which is located at the heart of Petaling Street or to be exact the cross road. I think most of the people should have eat here before or at least heard of this place before this.

I had waited for about 10 minutes before getting a table and it was just 7.30pm. What a small world as I was eating half way, I saw MD. Small small world. And he was looking for a table at that time, so we shared. Sharing is caring right.

The belacan here is really nice and is not that spicy too. Add a pinch of lemon into it and it's perfect.

So this is the main course of the night, Hokkien Noodle. I had ordered their Hokkien Noodle mix with vermicelli. Hence the whole dish was a bit dryer than the normal Hokkien we ate else where. I like my Hokkien noodle to be dry and not black. But still, Ah Wa Hokkien noodle is still the best.

This is the pork with cabbage soup which my friend had ordered. The special part is that the sliced pork is dipped with flour and then boil in hot water. So the meat is a bit spongy or tangy when you bite on it.

This is the Sing Chow Mai or Fried Vermicelli with eggs, minced pork, onions and bean sprout. The dish came 30minutes late but it's surprisingly nice.

Word of advice when you order your food, Hokkien noodle is their best seller, so you won't have to wait long for the food to be serve. If you wanted something else like what I ordered, you will need to prepare to wait for it. They are also famous for their Loh Mee, Yin Yong and also Kon Chow Hor. Extra lard is on request but it's chargeable. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...