2.02.2010

Kong Tai @ Lot 10


Me and my friend was shopping around the pink triangle area last weekend and my friend wanted to bring me to this place which served Singapore Hokkien Prawn Mee. According to him, it's very good and since I never a taste of it before, I thought why not.  Since he strongly recommended it. The place is located on the lower ground area of Lot 10. There are a variety of clean & hygienic hawker style stores at the level. So you can choose from local food to Singapore to even Taiwan snacks. The one that we went to is called Kong Tai. There are a lot of people already queuing up when we arrive and I thought, this should be good. 

There were two main chef in the kitchen. As you can see it's an open concept kitchen with the customers able to see how their food is prepared. The one on top is showing how the Singapore Hokkien Prawn Mee is prepared.

Next to the noodle is the Fried Oyster with egg chef. They had dedicated each of the the chef to cook the individual dish. So they don't need to wash the wok that often and able to retain the essence of dish (I think). Or they just wanna save time and water to put it plain and simple.

 
Singapore Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee - RM7.90
So this is the famous Singapore fried prawn mee. First impression of the noodle is that it's a bit sticky and a whole bunch of ingredients being tossed together to prepare. Well, as always, don't judge the food by it's outlook, and so I take a bite and it wasn't half bad. Like I mentioned, it's a bit stick to each other maybe due to the fact that they are using vermicelli and thin noodle. There were bean sprout, pork, squid and some sliced chilies in together. As you can see on the bottom, there are pork lard. But too little. The taste wasn't that strong so the chili sauce which they provide is really important. Not bad and the portion was generous too.

 
Fried Oyster with Egg - RM9.90
There are only two type of dish which they served and this being the second. The portion is moderate, just enough. Oyster was really fresh and plenty too. I like my fried oyster with a bit of charred egg to add to the taste and they did just that. Really like this dish. Nice and simple. Enough for 2 -3 pax.

 
Overall, the dinner was alright. I mean it wasn't bad till I can't finish it off. I haven't had the chance to try the original Fried Hokkien Prawn noodle from Singapore before so I can't compare. But a friend told me this doesn't really justify the real thing. So let's see what the other readers had to say bout this. For me, it was moderate. But for the price you're paying and the environment, it's worth the money. Clean and with air condition. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my friends already told me about this place and I do not regret that I found this article.

BaBy OcTopUs said...

good to hear that : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...