3.15.2010

Thye Hong @ Singapore

Actually I'd my hand with Singapore Hokkien Prawn Noodle first locally but someone told me that I should try the one from Singapore. So I had decided to give that advice a try. It was dinner and I was walking around and there were a long queue and when I walked over, they were all queuing up for the Hokkien Prawn Noodle. 

I had been to numerous food stall which they called Food Republic over there and all of the stalls selling the noodle had a long queue. But sadly to say, I saw that the noodle are mass product. Which means that the chef would cooked up a batch and divide among the customers. But I won't judge the book by it's cover so I decided to give it a try anyway.

They offer three portion sizes which starts from $4.50, $6.50 and $9. I asked how does a small looks like, and it was large to me. A medium could feed two people. Even the small portion could be shared by two girls. It was really special as the noodle was served on some leaves and as you can see, the noodles are wet. I am not that fancy with that but I will give it a try. Prawns are plenty and large. Take a bite and it really do taste good and slightly better than the one I had over here. The chilly paste was really a match to the noodle. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...