6.11.2010

Xenri Japanese Restaurant @ Off Jalan Klang Lama

It's been so long since I last said that I wanted to try this place out. But I didn't have the chance or time till an invitation from a friend who work nearby. The place is located at the end of the building right at the back. So you will need to drive all the way in after passing Elken's offices. Right at the end, you will arrive at this beautiful decorated Japanese restaurant called Xenri.

Browsed through the menu and the selections are quite varied. They have all kind of Japanese cuisine but with a price tag of course. Since we're here for lunch, we had opted for their set lunch which doesn't come cheap too. There are also a varieties of set lunch which you can choose from the menu.The set starts from RM29++ up to 45++ if I remembered correctly.

This is the garlic rice which comes with the set which I had ordered. Portion might be small but considering all the side dishes that come with it, it's quite filling. But I still ordered additional rice since I have lots of side dishes left.

Gyuniku Teppanyaki Teishoku - RM38++
This is the Beef Terrayaki which I had ordered. As usual, I had ordered medium well for the beef. Portion for me was alright. The beef was prepared to my satisfaction. I especially like the crispy garlic on top of the beef to add some taste to the beef. Some green on the side if it's too heavy for you.

This is the salad which come together with the set which consists of cucumber, tomato, green salad and some dressing on top.

Before finishing off, there's some fruit for you to cool your body down.

The set also comes with a bowl of miso soup which warm up the tummy before going into the meat.

Here is how the whole set looks like. Worth RM38?

Gindara Teriyaki To Agedashi Doufu Teishoku - RM35
This is the Grilled Cod fish with teriyaki sauce. The fish was really soft and tender as I tried a bit from my fried. The teriyaki sauce was especially appetizing.



Yes, this is the fried bean curd which come with the set. Looks really nice but the taste was just alright. It's all in the sauce for me. 

Overall, we all had a filling and satisfied lunch. Well at least I am full after re-filling with another bowl of garlic rice. Worth the money I paid for the lunch? Well, considering the ambiance and the quality and also the taste, I would say, it's quite worth it. But not my usual lunch spot of course. Don't think I can afford have a RM50 lunch everyday now. I heard they have this lunch buffet going on every Sunday. But better call in for reservation for that, I heard. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...