7.18.2010

Chef Loong @ SS2

I was told of this restaurant by my ex-colleagues on a few occasion and finally we managed to pay it a visit a few weeks back. I was really happy with the lunch over there and decided to bring my lunch buddy over. The restaurant is located at SS2 same row as the police station. The restaurant is managed by a lady boss who is very friendly and glad to introduce what is good over there. Since it's my second visit, I know what I wanted to order and recommended my lunch buddy something too.

The set that we ordered come with a glass of cooling home made sugar cane chestnut. If you noticed from the above picture, one of the drink are different as they ran out of sugar cane and gave me something else. They even have winter melon too offer you if you wanted. 

The set also come with their soup of the day. It's nothing spectacular here but something to warm your tummy up before the main course. The soup is warm and not too plain and not too salty. Your average bowl of soup. 

Stirred Fried Spicy Rice Flour Roll - RM5.50
This might looked like a simple dish but trust me it's delicious. It's actually stir fried chee cheong fun. But they added sesame seed, eggs and some garlic on it. If you bite on it, you have this bit of crunchy texture on it as the surface are fried too a bit burn. So there's this crispy bite to it. Trust me, it's really nice. 

Shanghai Steamed Double Boiled Soup Dumpling 
This is also part of the set that we ordered. Yes, it's Siew Loong bao. Size is your average steam dumpling and the soup inside isn't that half bad. Actually it's quite alright. Don't compared to the RM9 per set over at i-Dragon over here and you be having a cheap good Shanghai dumpling. Ala-carte are selling for RM4 I think. 

Stir Fried Spicy Ramen - RM13.80
The set which I had ordered is their stir fried spicy ramen and I ordered mine extra spicy. Looks simple but the noodle are tangy and nice to bite on. Not too salty or over cooked but just nice. Prawns are a bit sad but for the price I am paying and all the above side dishes, I am alright with it. 

Spicy Fried Rice - RM13.80
My partner in crime had ordered their spicy fried rice. It's not that spicy actually. Nothing special bout the fried rice here. A bit of floss on top with fresh prawns to go with the fried rice. Again, I am emphasizing that the set is value for money. Nothing too fancy but think about what you're having. 

Overall, we had a really filling lunch and almost didn't managed to finish the side dishes. I think nowadays, we spend around RM10+ for lunch alone with drinks sometimes cost about RM4-6. I am talking about eating out at restaurant and not economy rice of course. So why not eat something worth your money and also good at the same time. Other than the above, they have ten over sets for you to choose from. So do have a try and let me know what you think. (Rating: 4 out of 5)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...