8.13.2009

Killiney Kopitiam @ Uptown

First heard of this place from a friend from Singapore. Found out that they have a few stores locally too and one being at Uptown Damansara. So one night after my usual work out with my friends, I had decided to give this place a try. The name of the place is called Killiney Kopitiam. From the menu I noticed that the kopitiam menu or theme are based on Hainanese style. The origin of this kopitiam actually was from Malacca but due to some reason was relocated to Singapore and the rest was history.

French Toast
This french toast is definitely different from the one we had at Old Town or any other kopitiam. The bread is dipped in egg and fried. Although the bread may look a bit over burn but it tasted nice. The bread is accompanied with their home made kaya and butter. Kaya was really nice but maybe a bit too sweet. Add that together with the butter on the bread and it's perfect.

Singapore Laksa
Saw this laksa from their menu and was tempted to give it a try although I don't really take this kind of heavy meal after my work out. Was surprised that the soup was not as red as shown in the menu. But they did gave some belacan to go with it. I like everything of the noodle but the noodle itself. I am not sure why they use the noodle like one the in asam laksa. I think I like my noodle to be those local yellow noodle. But this is one good bowl of noodle.

Yes, I finished the whole bowl off to the last drop of soup. It was really that nice.

Surprisingly the shop wasn't that pack like any other kopitiam around the area. But then again it's good that it's not too crowded so the food is served faster. Not sure bout morning and afternoon though. Will definitely give it another try next week or so. Other then the one we had, they also serve Hainanese Chicken Chop, Mee Siam and some other toast bread. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...