4.19.2011

Ben & Nick's Cafe @ D'Tiara Subang Jaya

Been thinking of paying this place a visit for some time since I saw the place during supper with my friends after gym. The place is called Ben & Nick's Cafe or B&N for short. It's located inside D'Tiara Apartment next to Subang Avenue. It's on the corner facing Old Town Kopitiam so you won't miss it. From what I read, the owner Sonny Cheah who started the cafe after retiring. With his son Ben at the kitchen, they whipped out several good dishes  from what they can cook and changing the menu from feedback from the customers. 

The restaurant is small but do not judge them from the size of the place. The place can comfortably seat around 50 customers at the most. The place is designed like an English tavern, with most of the tables placed outside for the alfresco experience. The interior decoration is what attract me the most which I read was mostly provided by Cheah's wife own collection. 

I saw the picture of their mushroom soup from the menu and I straight decided to order it. It's so delicious just from the picture itself. The portion of soup isn't that large but just right to share with my babe and a small piece of garlic bread on the side. The soup is mild and not that thick but the fragrance is nice and soothing. Not the best I had but definitely above average and worth a try. 

Babe decided to ordered their combo blanket since she can't decide whether to go with steak or pasta. This is the best choice since it's a combination of beef strips with beef bacon and smoked onions; Cajun marinated chicken strips with tomato salsa. All wrapped in a cheesy grilled tortilla. If that is not enough, it's served with Romaine lettuce and bread crumbles. This is really a heavy meal for lunch but since both of us are hungry so we shared. The beef tasted better than the chicken since the latter fall a bit flat on the taste.

As for me, definitely Carbonara since it's been a while that I had one. I had asked how big is their portion since I am really starving. The waitress told me that all their pasta is served 200g. I had ordered their beef bacon with Fettuccine pasta. OK, I don't really know how much is 200g but when it is served in front of me, damn it's large. The sauce isn't that thick as of my liking but still it tasted really good. A bit salty but just right. Had a bite into the pasta and it's a bit plain. Take another taste of the sauce and take a bite into the pasta and it tasted better. Really strange. I concluded that the sauce is really good but the pasta fall flat because the sauce isn't that thick to stick on the pasta.

All the heavy lunch and what better way to clear our taste bud but a hot cup of illy Cappuccino.

Overall lunch was alright. There's hit and misses here and there but still a good place to have a nice quiet decent lunch. They also served steaks, desserts and some other good appetizers. The place is cozy in the afternoon so you can have a nice chat with your friends and with the decorations, you really feel that you are in an English tavern. Price isn't that expensive since the portions are really generous and all. 


Rating
Ambiance : 3.8 out of 5.0
Service : 3.8 out of 5.0
Food : 3.8 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...