4.04.2010

Loong Kee (BKT) @ Bayu Tinggi, Klang

I am always in search of new Bak Kut Teh (BKT) in the city and tonight the search ended up at BKT central, which is Klang. Babe wanted to have BKT for dinner and she mentioned that there are a lot of new BKT and also other seafood restaurants being setup at Bayu Tinggi. So we drove over and roamed around the area and decided to try this particular restaurant as it offers string tied BKT. What's so good bout it? To be frank, I don't know. But just stick around and read on if you are a BKT enthusiast like me. 
First on the list would be their soup BKT which has the usual ingredients like Foo Chuk, Veges, Mushrooms and I had particularly ordered for half lean half fat for both the pot and that is what I got. As we go through the pot we discovered that there are a pair of chicken feet. Yup, you heard me right, chicken feet. This is the first time I saw any chicken parts in my BKT. Babe told me that chicken feet are sometimes served together at some old stalls as it's very old school style. If you like thick dark soy sauce soup, then this is your bowl of soup. Not much herbal taste but just original Klang style thick soy sauce soup. Well I can live with that. 

I had ordered the pork with the tied string on my dry BKT. But when it arrived, I don't see any pork with tie on them anywhere. I guess it's already untied before serving for convenience sake. So how is the dish? Damn this is one good dry BKT. Been a while since I had a good dry BKT. There's lots of lady finger, dried chilies, fried sliced squid and if you see carefully you noticed there's some peanut in the pot. Yes, peanut. Damn this place served some really interesting BKT. But it's good. The pork are a bit minced but it's really tender and don't stick to the teeth. Soy sauce is thick and smells really good. Portion was a bit small but it worth it. 
As usual, all meat and no green is not my policy. So I had ordered a plate of veges to go with the BKT. Veges is fresh and not too oily. Just nice. Nothing spectacular to say bout it but simple & nice. 

The whole meal only cost us RM27 inclusive of two glass of self-cooked Chrysanthemum tea. Will definitely bring some friends and family over to try it out again. Other than BKT, they also served steamed fish and also bean curd. Will try out the steamed fish but I don't really fancy steamed fish with my BKT together. (Rating: 4.3 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...