11.20.2009

Giant Bowl @ SS2


I still remember a few months back when a reader commented in one of my post to introduce some vegetarian restaurant. This is because I am such a meat eater from all the post that I had from the first day. I think this is the first vegetarian post I am posting from the 200 over posts I had in here. So anyway, the place is located at SS2 called Giant Bowl. I heard from my friend that the original branch is located at Kuchai Lama. I think this restaurant had been in SS2 for quite some time. I had visited the place for numerous time during luncheon but normally I had their Pan Mee Soup but today we had something different. We had decided to order some dishes to share together hence the interest to blog bout the food over here.


Brown Rice - RM 1.50/plate
I heard that consuming brown rice doesn't really make someone gain much weight. Is this true? Anyway, we opted for the brown rice to the normal white one. But for the price we're paying, it's nothing ordinary bout it.


Fried Bean Curd with Minced Meat - RM 9.90
As I mentioned before, it's a vegetarian shop so that stuff on top isn't really meat. The bean curd was really normal and nothing much to brag about. Portion was enough for the three of us.


Claypot Bak Kut Teh - RM 9.90
This is recommended by my friend who had tried it before this. The claypot consists of fried bean curd, mushrooms and some other meat like made of flour of course. The taste of the soup was really nice and it really taste like the real thing. But sadly no refill.


Curry Mutton - RM 9.90
This is another recommended dish in the house. The potatoes is real but the mutton is made of flour. But the gravy was really nice and the scent of curry powder was just nice. This is a nice dish to eat with any rice. But together with BKT is a bit strange. We ordered it cause we wanted to try out as many as possible that day.


Potato Vegetable - RM 8.90
I am not sure what is the name of this vegetable in English. I think it's called sayur ubi or sort in BM. The portion was really large. We were so surprised when we saw the dish. I ate so much but at the end we still can't finish it. It's plain and simple plate of dish which is good for the health. 

Overall, the lunch was really fulfilling and we felt really healthy after the meal. LOL! It's nice having some vegetarian lunch or dinner once in a while. But I think it's best if we order more of vegetable rather than those flour made food which look like meat. I think a lot of people know bout this place and even tried it before. So do let me know what you think. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

Address: Giant Bowl - Vegetarian
No.22, Jalan SS2/61,
47300 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor
Contact: Mr. Ko: 019 - 661 8629 / 7826 2235
Business Hour : 10am to 11pm


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...