4.24.2011

Movida Kitcher.Bar.Kitchen.Lounge

I was actually wanted to try out Cravings over at Sunway Giza but ended up at this place called Movida. It's actually a bar cum lounge which served food during lunch hour too. My ex-colleague told me that this place served some kind of a buffet during lunch hour. Actually I (we) are still looking for a place other than Louisiana for some good all you can eat lunch.  Coming back to Movida. We arrived around 12.15 and we are among the first to arrive. Not much sign of the buffet available but we did asked the waiter and he confirm it's available. 

After reading the above, I realized that their 'eat-all-you-can' has a 'catch' on it. As you can see above, the buffet style lunch only provide a all you can eat on their dessert and soup. You can only choose one main course for the price of RM14.80 NETT. This is a bit of a let down as who can drink 5 over bowl of mushroom soup or 5 plates of salad?

This is the salad section with tons of fresh salad for us to feast on. But as I mentioned earlier, how many plate do they expect us to eat? Unless you are on a diet and salad is your new best friend. 

They are serving mushroom soup that day. My favorite kind of soup but we will see how it really taste later.


 Salad isn't that bad but not much to brag about but fresh. 

Back to the soup. Totally disastrous. This had got to be one of the top 3 worst soup I had. I like my soup thick but this is just too much. It's too thick and worst, the powder isn't diluted well. And when we queried the waiter bout this, he had the nerve to say it's just the way they serve their soup. WTH?!!

Let's go to the main course now. Hopefully the main is better than the appetizers. I had ordered their grilled lamb with pasta on the side. The whole meal really does looked appetizing after the sad start on the appetizers. Grilled lamb was a bit hard to bite off but tasted alright. Spaghetti was really bad. Couldn't really taste anything. Sad sad meal. 

My friend had ordered their chicken chop and it wasn't what he expected. Maybe the taste is good? Portion was really small. Chicken was normal and the only thing worth mentioning is the croquet potato. It's actually potato mixed with cheese and cooked to crisp. 

OK, overall, I can summarize this place up pretty easy. I think you can guess what is my answer too by now. Not worth my money at all. Only spend your money here if someone is buying. Maybe the bar is better at night. Not sure how good is the ala-carte dishes in the menu, but not sure I am taking that chance again soon. 

Ratings
Food: 3.5 out of 5.0
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0
Service: 3.5 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...