11.29.2009

Yap Eng Bak Kut Teh @ Taman Sentosa, Klang


Finally I had managed to blog about this restaurant. What's so special? Well this is where it all started or from what I heard. The Dry Bak Kut Teh from Klang. Location, Taman Sentosa. Name, Yap Eng. Everyone who is a BKT lover should have heard about this place. This is the best dry BKT I had in years. Many had come near, Yip Weng in Bandar Puteri, Zheng Jia in Pusat Bandar Puchong or even Yap Chuan in Bukit Raja. But the best still comes down to this place. Had my first years ago and fell in love with their dry BKT.


When I arrived, the place was packed and we didn't have any table to seat. Well rather the place was short handed and we need to wait for them to clear the table for us. Order took around 10 minutes to arrive but it was worth it. There were only one main cook who does all the cooking on the dry bak kut teh.


 Dry Bak Kut Teh
This is their famous Dry BKT which everyone was waiting for. I had ordered for 2 pax as I know any smaller won't be enough for my craving. Fyi, you can't request for the type of pork as they will just serve you whatever they have. I like my pork to be half lean and half fat and this was alright. I was a bit disappointed this time around as the taste wasn't that strong compared to the one I had previously but still it's very delicious. I think I finished off the whole pot myself that day. Yes, it was that good.

 
Wet Bak Ku Teh
Babe wanted some traditional BKT as she's not so into the dry like me. Ordered the pot with everything in it including Enoki mushroom.Scent isn't that strong compared to the one I had over at Yap Chuan or Yip Weng but still the pork are really soft and tender. Didn't ordered any vegetable that day as we were really full after the whole pork meal.


When we left, the place was still pack. A bit hot that afternoon but it's all worth it. Saw some cars with Singapore license plates too while I am leaving. Other than BKT, they do serve steamed bean curd, vegetables and otak-otak like any other BKT restaurant. So for those who never tried this place before, do make a trip down Klang and decide for yourself if it's that good. (Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...