4.03.2012

Tian Xiang Tian Wei 天香回味 @ Sunway Giza

I had been hearing about this place from one of my friend few months back. Hearing how good it was isn't the main thing but knowing how expensive it was, is. My friend spent more than RM100 for a steamboat dinner for two. WTH?! That has got to be the most expensive steamboat dinner I heard so far. I need to go and see it myself. The place is located at Sunway Giza facing the street rather than inside the mall. They have three branches to date if I am not mistaken. There's one over at Pudu, KL and the latest one over at Klang Bukit Tinggi. 

It's located at Level 2 and no worries, there's a lift for you if you're too lazy to climb the stairs. Once we entered the place, our nostril was attacked by their strong herbal fragrant from the soup. OK, this should be good. I'd made reservation and we're running late that night. Managed to get a table for us within 10minutes. The place was pack. The place is running with waitresses taking orders and cleaning the tables. Business is really good it seemed. 

We were served with plastic wrapped eating utensils. How hygienic I think but I found out that one of the small plate has some mark on it. So I asked for a change and since all their utensils are plastic wrapped in a set, so I got a new set. I found out from the bill that we are being charged RM2 for two sets of these. Hygienic comes with a price tag these days it seemed. 

Decided to go with their house combo pot. Since it was just me and wifey, we had a medium pot which cost us RM30 while a larger one would cost RM35.  

As mentioned in their menu, they are using more than 60 herbs and spices in their soup. The herbal soup was really salty but nice to drink. We had a few sips and the waitress told us to throw in the pork balls in first since it took longer to cook. The smell from both soup are really strong. Wifey really like their herbal soup. 

This is their spicy oil soup. I don't think anyone in their right mind would drink this. But we both agreed that slice meat are best cook with this soup rather than herbal. They just add plain water for both the soup since the soup in the pot are heavily prepared with lots of spices and herbs. 

This is not in their menu if I am not mistaken. I saw some customers having this and asked the waitress and we are served with stewed pork rice. This is one hell of a stewed pork rice. One of the best I had locally. Portion was really generous I guess. Rice is soft and the pork was plentiful. This comes really close to the one I had over at Taiwan. Nice~!!! 

There are a few choices to be made on their meat side. We decided to go with pork shoulder. I don't really find anything different of their pork with the one I had outside but when you cook it with the spicy soup, the ordinary pork meat becomes extraordinary. Spicy and tender pork, nice~! 

What is steamboat without balls? I saw their "jamping" balls which consists spicy and non-spicy type. Ordered 6 balls with half of each. So it's RM9 for 3 balls which is RM3/pc. That is one expensive ball. 

The waitress recommended the fish egg ball. But I can't decide which to order as I wanted to try their Taiwan Shanghai soup ball too. So the waitress told me that we can mix it around and we took half of each. Nice~!  

Their normal mushroom cost around RM11 if I am not mistaken, so wifey decided to go with their xiangbao mushroom since the price isn't that much far apart. Most of their mushrooms are RM10 and above. Quite pricey. We also ordered Yau Mak which cost us RM10. Yup, pricey pricey even for vegetable. Wifey initially wanted to order their Chrysanthemum Soro but it was sold out (this vege cost RM18). 

First off, the jamping balls. I had something similar over at one of the steamboat restaurant over at SS15 Subang. But this is more packed with pork inside. And you can really feel some water bursting out of it. Nice. The spicy one actually not that spicy anyway. 

Next, is their Taiwan Shanghai Soup ball. It's something like what you have over at Dragon-I but in a smaller mini size. Yes, there are soup being trapped inside where you can drink it. Not bad.  

Last ball of the night would be their fish egg ball. Damn there's a lot of fish roe in there. If you like fish egg, this is a must. 

The Ru-Lou rice was so nice that I decided to go for a second towards the end of the dinner. Yes, I had two stewed pork rice. Both of us was really full towards the end. I know that the amount would be less  than RM150 but I didn't expect to pay for the pocket tissue left on the table together with the eating utensils. But we had a good dinner, and I have RM100 worth of coupons which I bought online. I had 60% discount from the RM100. So in total the bill is RM147.70 but I paid only RM47.70 that night. Add that to the RM40 I paid for the coupons, the dinner amounted to RM87.80. For a steamboat for 2, this is a bit too expensive. But the place is pack with people for a reason. I think 7 out of 10 people dining that night are using coupons or vouchers which they bought online or directly from the restaurant itself. 

Wifey was very delighted and asked me to buy RM500 of voucher next time instead of RM100. And she was lecturing me in the beginning why do I bought so much (RM100) for a steamboat dinner in the beginning. Worth it? Well, I guess it's not your ordinary steamboat dinner and with the vouchers it's quite worth it. Before I leave, they even gave me a 50% discount voucher for my next visit. Goodie~ !! I leave with a full stomach and a happy feeling. What more can you ask for. 

Rating
Food: 4.0 out of 5.0 (one of the best steamboat I had) 
Service: 3.8 out of 5.0 (maybe under staff but their waitress are really nice and know how to PR)
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0 (Air condition and although it' steamboat but I don't sweat that much)

Address
Tian Xiang Hui Wei
B-8-2, Sunway Giza Mall, 
Jalan PJU 5/14, 
Tel: 03-2148 2268

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...