4.05.2012

Yummy Taiwan @ Kota Kemuning

Found this new place from my brother and friends few weeks back. I am always a fan of Taiwanese cuisine so when I heard there's a new place around my area I can't resist to go and have a try. It's located at Kota Kemuning border to Bukit Rimau. There's a lot of new shops opening at this particular area now. 

First on the table would be wifey's favorite Oyster Mee Sua. Portion is just nice for her. Oyster not as large as the one over at ShihLin but it's OK. Taste wise wifey said she preferred the one over at ShihLin since it has that oyster sauce which increased the taste of the whole noodle.


I am a fan of stewed pork rice or ru-lou fan after my visit back from Taiwan few years back. So I will not miss any chance to have it again over here. But my previously encounter with it isn't as nice as the one over at Taiwan. So I give this one a try when I saw it in their menu. Portion was nice since they are charging it close to $7 for this. But there is an additional half of an egg that goes with the rice. Pork was aplenty as you can see. Taste is on average but I can bare with this. I still think that the one I had over at Tian Xiang Hui Wei is way better though. 


Next is their famous 3-Cup Wine Chicken rice. I regret that I ever ordered it. This has got to be one of the worst 3-cup I had. I had a few rounds over at Fong Lye which I think served the best to date for me. The sauce isn't that strong hence I can't really feel that I am really having a wine rice. The garlic scent was strong thou. Fail~! 

This is another recommended dish. My brother had this before and I give it a try on my second visit. Yes, it's really worth the $9.50 you are paying for this. Portion was nice and the curry tasted really good with the chicken. If you are hungry, order this. 

Brother highly recommended this meat roll as his first visit having this was really memorable. But when this arrived on our table and I sink my teeth into it, it felt slimy. I looked inside the meat and saw that it's very raw and soft like it's not even cook. The weird thing is that, we finish it off as we're not sure if it's supposed to be this or not. Quite a gross experience for me. Yes, bro forgot how it was like on his first trip. haha~!! 

Last but not least the salted fried chicken rice. Portion isn't that large but sufficient if you are a moderate or small eater. As you can see, there's 5 pieces of fried chicken sprinkle with some hot powder. Something like ShihLin's XXL chicken but in mini size. The rice is topped with some stewed pork gravy if I am not mistaken. My friend said it was quite OK for her. 

Overall, there's hit and misses but I guess I am alright with this place. Since they have a lot of food to offer. I can always order those which I like anyway. The place is quite pack during dinner time. They served bubble milk tea too but I highly doubt that it's anything comparable with Chatime or ShareTea. 

Rating
Food: 3.5 out of 5.0 (hit and misses but bearable) 
Service: 3.8 out of 5.0 (quite fast at some time) 
Ambiance: 3.8 out of 5.0 (brightly lid up and clean) 

Address
2-37, Persiaraan Anggerik Vanilla, 
Seksyen 31, Kota Kemuning,
40760 Shah Alam

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...