6.07.2009

Restaurant Yip Weng @ Bandar Puteri (3rd Branch)

I was going over to Thirty Two Bistro last Friday night and I happened to noticed that there was a new restaurant which catch my attention. Restaurant Bak Kut Teh Klang Yip Weng. Yip Weng's BKT could be one of the best I had ever had. I am so into their dry BKT and I heard that they served one of the first of it's kind too. I had ordered their set meal which is for 2 ~ 3 pax. It consists of one bowl of dry & wet BKT, vegetable, golden mushroom and two glasses of Chinese tea. The whole set cost RM25.

I doesn't have high hope on the wet BKT as I am very fussy of the taste and scent of the soup. I was really taken aback when I sipped in the soup. It was really thick and the taste of herbs was really strong, just the way I like it. The pork was tender and I had ordered half lean half fat for both the bowl.

This is the main dish or the one which I am waiting for. I really have high hope for their Dry BKT. As their branch at Taman Sentose served the best Dry BKT I had ever had. And it didn't disappoint me at all. There were a lot of sliced lady finger and fried squids in it which is very appetizing. Portion was really generous which I was really surprised. One word, superb. Really on par with the one from Taman Sentosa.

I am not sure why they separate the golden mushroom with the main bowl, but anyway it come with the menu. It's soft and plenty too.

They have a few choices of vegetable to order and I had choose their Yau Mak. My gosh, the portion was really large. The vegetable was fresh and there were a lot of onions on top which I really love.

The place had just opened for operation for two weeks and customers had already been pouring in. For a location which is still new and the amount of traffic over the location, business was really good. I'd just realized that they have another branch in Kepong and PJ but didn't managed to know where is the exact location though. This is definitely one of the best BKT I had to date. So in the future, I don't have to drive all the way down Sentosa for a good bowl of BKT. (Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0)

Address:
No.37-G, Jalan Puteri 2/3,
Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong,
Selangor
Contact: Lim Soon Hoe (012-288 1567)

2 comments:

流浪汉 瑜伽 Yoga Tramp said...

nice blog thk for sharin, hope next time can intro vegi restaurant, thk

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Hey thanx for the comment. Will try to have some changes in my current menu, like vegetarian restaurants too. Thanx for the feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...