1.17.2010

Grand Imperial @ Bangsar

This is my second trip over Grand Imperial at Bangsar. Got an invitation for dim sum session with my 'snake kaki' last Friday afternoon. We arrived quite early before lunch hour so it wasn't that pack. The restaurant is located on the top floor of the shopping mall. There are only two Chinese restaurant over there being Ming Court the other one. As mentioned, the main objective for the day would be their dim sum and we tried to ordered as much as possible. So let the drum rolls.

Steamed 'Siew Mai' with Prawn - RM7.00
I think this is a must order dish if you're eating dim sum. So this is the first we ordered. Size is small but the content was really generous. The prawns are really fresh and springy. The fish eggs on top of the siew mai also looked so appetizing. We ordered a second for this dish.

Steamed Pork Ribs with Pumpkin in Black Bean Paste - RM6.30
Actually I am not into pork ribs but this plate of ribs really changed my perception. The pork ribs was really soft and don't stick to the teeth like the one that I had before. They had sliced pumpkin with black bean paste to go with the steamed pork ribs. Not bad at all.

Shanghai 'Xiao Loong Bao' - RM6.00
The dumpling actually wasn't that pricey as I thought. Although it's not as tasty as the one I had over at Dragon-I but I guess for the price you're paying, it's alright.

Steamed BBQ Pork Bun - RM6.00
These buns really taste very good. Maybe one of the best I had to date. The buns are soft and hot. The BBQ pork inside are juicy and aplenty too. Just the way I like it.

Shark Fin Dumpling Soup - RM12.00
This dish is called Koon Tong Kau in Chinese if you're wondering. Shark fin? Yup, there are moderate amount of shark fin inside. Other then that, there are sliced mushrooms and some other ingredients. Actually there are nothing much special bout this soup but we just wanted to try it out.

Steamed Beef Ball - RM6.00
When I first looked at the beef balls, I was really looking forward to it, but sadly it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I think it wasn't as pack and stuffed as I thought it would be.

Roasted Pork with Mustard Sauce
This plate of roasted pork was really good. The top skin was extra crispy and the bottom layer are soft and juicy. Portion wasn't that much so we ordered two plates. Actually they chopped off half of the pork as you can from the picture above. So it's really small.

Pig's Giblet Porridge - RM8.00
Actually it wasn't my custom to order porridge during my dim sum session but this bowl of porridge change my opinion. Other then the fact that the size of the porridge, but also the content of it. The fried crullers inside still are fresh and crispy which I really like. The porridge are so soft and tasty. Totally love it.

Steamed Glutinous Rice with Abalone - RM9.00
I am really into steamed glutinous rice if you been following my blog. Was really looking forward to the 'lou mai kai' but it isn't as good as I thought it would be. I mean it's OK, but it didn't blow me away with it.

Steamed 'Cheong Fan' with Prawns - RM8.00
They have three type of Cheong Fan namely, Spring Roll and BBQ and we ordered their recommendation which is Prawns. And I think the decision was right. The prawns are large, juicy and springy. But the cheong fan must be accompanied with their spicy paste.

Steamed Beancurd Skin Roll - RM7.00
To be frank this beancurd roll isn't my plate of dim sum. I like my bean curd skin roll to be sweet and sour and maybe a bit spicy. This is a bit plain.

Japanese Cucumber with Ham
OK, I am not too sure what is this dish called actually. Basically it's basically Japanese Cucumber roll with ham. The dish is topped with some mint sauce. Isn't that bad but also not that good either.

Baked BBQ with Pork Pastries - RM6.00
Trust me, the size are really that small. And there are only 4 pieces only. Imagine char siew in fried bun. The outer skin are crispy and the pork are juicy inside. Not bad.

Steamed Prawn Dumpling - RM7.00
We ordered this almost to the end of our 'expedition'. Isn't really good actually. A bit disappointed of the dumpling cause there wasn't much to look forward about.

Egg Yolk Bun
I am not sure what is the exact price for the buns but it comes in a set of 3 buns. This is my first taste of 'Lau Sa'. Actually this bun is really good but since we ate a lot so this is a bit too much for me.

Deep Fried Salad Prawn - RM7.00
This isn't my plate of dim sum also. They didn't even gave us any mayo to go with it. So it's a bit dry when we consumed it. Nothing much special bout it.

Chilled Pomelo with Mango Cream - RM6.00
This is one of their famous dessert. Portion is sufficient for a single person but we did shared the dessert as we ordered three. This is actually one of HK famous dessert. The taste of mango was really soothing and not too sweet. Friend did mentioned it was a bit different from the one he had over at HK.



Chilled Avacado Cream with Sago - RM7.00
This is another recommended dessert by the captain. You can really taste the avacado cream but again not too sweet. But I don't think everyone would like it as not everyone are into avacado.

Chilled Lemon Grass Jelly with Sea Coconut - RM6.00
Actually I was really looking forward to this dessert as I like sea coconut. Again, not everyone like this dessert as it has lemon grass. At least that is my friend's feedback. A cool soothing dessert.

At the end of the lunch, we were all full and really satisfied with most of the food that we had. I could say that this could be one of the best dim sum restaurant I went to lately. Would really recommend to my friends who like dim sum. The damage for all the lunch come about RM160++. But it was worth the money as what we had was really fresh and filling. (Rating: 4.2 out of 5.0)

Address: Lot T5, 3rd Floor
Bangsar Shopping Centre, 
No. 285, Jalan Maarot, Bukit Bandar Raya
59000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 - 2283 1183, 2283 3366, 2283 3389

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...