1.19.2011

Number One @ KSL City Mall Johor

Since I'm talking bout Taiwanese food from my previous post, I thought it's good to follow up on this. From dinning in to snack. The place is located inside the new mall over at Johor Bahru called KSL City Mall. The mall has a lot of stalls to offer like Shih Lin which is just next to them and also other kopitiams. I was walking around looking for food when I saw this place called Number One. It's a shop selling Taiwanese snacks. This is new. So I went in and give it a look. Browsed through their menu and ordered almost all of them. 

The tray on the left is the crispy chicken and sotong balls on the right. The one underneath the chicken would be the fried potatoes. I asked if they pre-prepared this and he said he have to but will reheat it again since some customers cannot wait too long for the food to be ready. Well, let's see how the food taste then. 

Here's the ingredients for the cheese potato which I ordered. You have sweet corns, tuna mayo, minced luncheon meat and sort. They do not have other flavors like pineapples like the one I had over at Taiwan on my last trip. I did advice them on this and they might try putting it into their menu next time.

I had to have this. This is so evil. Looked at those cheese all around the potato. The potato is fried to crispy and cut open in the middle and stuff with all the ingredients mentioned above. Lastly the cheese is poured on top of the potato and you have yourself one super fattening dinner. The potato skin must be crispy for the crunchy feel of the whole time. Not the best I had from Taiwan but then again it's the only place I know that serve this.

 Second on the list would be the fried salty chicken. This is just your ordinary chicken chopped in small pieces and deep fried with flour to give that extra crisp. Add some curry powder and you have yourself a fried salty chicken. Noting special here but since it's a snack, so it's alright.

Dish no 3 would be their deep fried mushroom. I am not sure what are those stuff on top of the mushroom but it's damn crispy. Portion is moderate for the price you're paying. If you like mushroom then this is your dish.


Dish no 4 would be their house octopus ball. According to the staff, the octopus ball is blend by their own owner and I should give it a try. Oh well, I since I like octopus ball, I ordered it and give it a try. Didn't taste anything different bout it than the one I had outside. Sigh~ 

The last dish would be their crispy shrimp which he highly recommended. It's actually small shrimps deep fried together with their covers. This is a good dish if you are chilling out with a bottle of beer watching football. Definitely can get you through the night. Smell of shrimps are so strong. 

Personally I am quite fond of Taiwanese street food as they have a lot of variety and so a lot of people try to bring in some of their food over to our shores. But not all are able to get the same result as the one over there. This is sadly to say is one of them. Other than the potato cheese which is just passable, the others are just moderate and normal to me. Well maybe that is just me but there's really nothing to shout about. I still stick back to my Shih Lin for now. 
Food Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0
Ambiance Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0
Price Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...