7.04.2010

Nambawan Restaurant & Cafe @ Old Klang Road

It was a Saturday morning and I was reading my favorite paper and while I was browsing through the Metro section, I was this foodie section which attracted me. It's being introduced by some other blogger I think. It's a restaurant called Nambawan Restaurant. It's located at Sri Manja Square One. What attracted me? One word, Pork. They serve pork burgers. I am a sucker for pork. Since it's nearby my house, I decided to go over with babe and my friend to check it out. It was around 1.30pm when we reached and the place is already half full. I think they are under employed as my cry for order was left with deaf ear for some time. Anyway, lets go through the food. 

100% Home Made Pork Burger - RM6.90
This is one of the recommended in the article. As you can see the set comes with some fries on the side too. The pork burger is a bit soft and not that pack but there's also a good point as it's more juicier. The patty isn't that large but for the price we're paying, it's damn worth every penny of it. Fresh lettuce, tomato and cucumber on top. Nice.

Grilled Steak Sandwich - RM8.90
We were really surprised when the dish was served on the table. It was really juicy and large. The steak was tender grilled to perfection. Add that with some onion rings and tomato and you get yourself a great lunch.

Stone Charbroil Pork Belly - RM13.90
I recommended babe to take this dish when I saw it in the menu. My last pork belly would be during my visit at Belly Good few months back. So I decided to try this out. And it's really a good choice. Portion is really generous. The gravy on top is some sort like brown sauce. The dish is served with roasted potatoes and garden salad. See that stuff on top, Yes, it's fried pork skin. Crunchy~!!

Succulent Pork Ribs - RM25.80
We saw this from the customer next table and decided to share as the portion was really large. There are at least 5 ribs and trust me there's a lot of meat on it. The sweet sauce really goes well with the ribs. Plenty of fries below and garden salad with coleslaw on the side. Aside from the ribs, the coleslaw on the side is really fresh and appetizing too.

I read from the paper that the chef came back from New Zealand and brought back some of the cooking experience that he had when is he residing over there. The place is clean and looks like a family outlet and I can see some family members and teenagers dining there too. The price is one of the main factor why I went over as it's really affordable. For the quality and quantity of the food we're paying, I am 100% satisfied with everything that I am paying for. Try it out and let me know what you think. (Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0)

Address
Nambawan Restaurant & Cafe
No.10, Sri Manja Square One, 
Taman Sri Manja, 
Jalan Klang Lama, 46000
Petaling Jaya
For Reservation: 016-224 1533 (Yap) / 013-263 2772 (Gilbert)

2 comments:

expired foodie said...

wow... just yday it was on paper and u went ASAP....the first thing that attracted me was the same thing u went over for....our fave meat..LOLX

I'll call u if i need directions...hahahah

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Was in the area and I thought why not drop by and have a look. It was really a nice lunch. Pork~!!! Lotsa pork~! haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...