6.20.2009

Restaurant Ah Wa @ Jalan 223

It was Saturday night and me and my babe decided to have a late dinner since we have an early lunch. Ya, I know it doesn't make sense. Anyway, our initial plan was to go Medan Selera @ 223 for some Kak Siti's nasi lemak panas but decided to have Hokkien noodle instead. The place? Where else but Ah Wa which is just nearby Jalan 223.

I had ordered a two pax Hokkien Noodle as we had some Penang Lobak while waiting for the dish to come. Tonight it was extra delicious as it wasn't that watery and the taste was just superb. The control of the fire and wok is really important to cook up with such a delicious plate of hokkien noodle. (RM12/plate)

What is the most important food to go with Hokkien noodle? Fried Lard of course. I had asked for extra and the good fella brought me a whole lot of it. I was really surprised as it was one whole plate full of fresh fried lards.

Why another same picture? Actually we had decided to ordered a second plate as the first was so delicious. And the second plate doesn't disappoint us too. But we had ordered a single pax for this plate. (RM 6/plate)

I guess the best time to go over for their Hokkien noodle or any of their noodle would be around 10pm or later as there won't be that much of people waiting or queuing for their order. So the chef do not need to rush for the food to go out hence a better quality of food being deliver to us. Don't get me wrong, the place was almost full when I arrived just now but not over crowded like dinner time. So please plan your time and make it trip over. Definitely better than Damansara Hokkien noodle and also Kim Lian Kee at Jalan Petaling and maybe even Weng Hing at Jalan Imbi. Two thumbs up. (Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...